MSU projected to make the tournament

did anyone else see this? does MSU have some type of outrageous RPI? not clear to me why they would receive an at large bid over nebraska. makes me think that if we get to the finals of the big 10 tournament against purdue that we might have a shot.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball/id/7928950/sec-earn-four-national-seeds-ncaa-baseball

IIRC, I think they might have a top 50 rpi, or close to it. I didn't think they were going to make the tournament though. I really hope we can make a push through the conference tourney. We have the potential to win it.

especially getting kind of hott this last weekend. It all comes down to pitching, the bats are there. A few kids need to step it up and become a leader on the mound. If we can sweep Michigan that would be HUGE going into the tourney

Kendall Rogers said that when he did his projections that there were 2 #4 seed openings that he did not think there would be. This is, assuming, that nobody that shouldn't get a bid gets one through the conference tournaments, but Kevin Kugler asked him if Nebraska could make a run at one of those. KR said it was possible. However, getting destroyed tonight did not help. Michigan St has an RPI in the top 50, 48 last time I checked. Also, his projections do NOT have Michigan State or Nebraska in them, fwiw.