Team Jack - CureSearch Walk

Taken from Jack Hoffman's Caring Bridge website:

Jack has started chemo. Hope and pray it will have the desired effect.

2012 Omaha CureSearch Walk for Children's Cancer

Our family is committed to doing all that we can to help find a cure for pediatric brain cancer. To that end, we have registered "Team Jack" to participate in the Omaha CureSearch Walk for Children's Cancer on June 2nd at Village Pointe Mall (168th and Dodge). All proceeds raised by Team Jack will go directly to pediatric brain cancer research.

We would kindly ask that you consider making a small donation to Team Jack online at the link below. Alternatively, please consider joining the walk and starting your own page under Team Jack and solicit donations for your page. Feel free to sign up as a walker, even if you will be unable to attend. Often times people feel like a small amount won't make much difference, so they don't act. But the thing is, a drop in the bucket has a cumulative effect. Hot dogs at a football game are only $3. But each year hundreds of thousands are earned from the sale of a hot dog (i.e., Fenway = $1 million in hot dog sales each year!)

It takes approximately $1 million to start a clinical trial, according to PLGA Foundation. There are only two applicable clinical trials pending, now. These clinical trials are largely funded by the benevolence and good will of the friends and families of those suffering from this dreaded disease. That is how underfunded Jack's type of pediatric brain cancer is!

Please consider supporting Team Jack at the CureSearch walk by going here: http://www.curesearc...085639&tlteam=0

CureSearch is a National organization which donates over $20 million per year to pediatric cancer research.

If you donate great, if not its your decision, i really DGAF! However i feel its important enough to not just let it fall down the board until nobody will read it anymore. So, replies will at least keep it towards the top of the first page. So thanks Moraine for your snide reply.

However i feel its important enough to not just let it fall down the board until nobody will read it anymore.

That's perfectly fine. I just don't think you need to guilt trip people and question how charitable we are while you're bumping the topic.

Point out where i tried to guilt trip anyone. I was really just surprised nobody had anything to say more than anything. B/c the whole time I've been on the board it has always been good about support with encouraging messages for fellow Husker fans that are ill. Really just that simple. I will never tell anyone or try to guilt trip people into giving money for anything as that's their own choice. Just updating info and giving info to anyone who may want to.

Point out where i tried to guilt trip anyone.

"0 replies makes me wonder about you guys!!!!!!!!" looked like it to me, but I may have read too far into it.

You were. Just sarcastically wondering what happened with the support.