So, what do people think about E3 this year? I'm particularly looking forward to some of the new 3DS and 360 offerings that were mentioned--specifically, the new Mario games, the new open-world Forza game, and Halo 4's brand new MetroidPrime-ish look and enemies.

On the other hand, the WiiU and Sony offerings seemed to be extremely underwhelming--while more God of War on the Vita is nice, there wasn't any mention of a price drop for the handheld (which is sorely needed--your handheld shouldn't be the same price as your console offering IMO...) and we're getting a Smash Bros. knockoff with 3rd rate Sony franchise characters (which Sony themselves claimed don't exist when the PS3 launched).

So, what do you folks think?

So, what do people think about E3 this year? I'm particularly looking forward to some of the new 3DS and 360 offerings that were mentioned--specifically, the new Mario games, the new open-world Forza game, and Halo 4's brand new MetroidPrime-ish look and enemies.

On the other hand, the WiiU and Sony offerings seemed to be extremely underwhelming--while more God of War on the Vita is nice, there wasn't any mention of a price drop for the handheld (which is sorely needed--your handheld shouldn't be the same price as your console offering IMO...) and we're getting a Smash Bros. knockoff with 3rd rate Sony franchise characters (which Sony themselves claimed don't exist when the PS3 launched).

So, what do you folks think?

Halo 4, Black Ops 2= want.

I'm less interested in the console makers pitches than I am of many of the software companies themselves. Dead Island Riptide, Skyrim DLC, the reboot of Tomb Raider. Though The Last of Us does have my attention just due to Naughty Dog being the devs on it. Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs and I could probably find more if I thought about it.

Forza Horizon has my full attention--uses the Forza 4 engine, real-time environments and lighting, and you can run Prius-driving hippies off the road in Colorado.

Also signed up for the Skyrim Dawnguard beta--here's hoping I'm selected. Still haven't finished the main quests, though--ADD and Minecraft gets in the way.