The future of Unions

My tax dollars do not pay for high UMW wages or retirement. Public sector workers get paid more than their private sector peers and retire at 25 years with 90 percent of their pay. And tax dollars pay for it. And the public sector union member numbers are the same as private sector? And they cannot be easily fired according to law, not union agreements. Ah, that's the rub.

Where is that job, because I'm applying Monday! Which public workers get these cushy benefits? Certainly not all of them, right?

My tax dollars do not pay for high UMW wages or retirement. Public sector workers get paid more than their private sector peers and retire at 25 years with 90 percent of their pay. And tax dollars pay for it. And the public sector union member numbers are the same as private sector? And they cannot be easily fired according to law, not union agreements. Ah, that's the rub.

Where is that job, because I'm applying Monday! Which public workers get these cushy benefits? Certainly not all of them, right?

In fiscal year 2011, the CBO estimates that the government paid 16% more in combined salary and benefits than it would have for a comparable workforce in the private sector. http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/31/news/economy/federal_worker_pay/index.htm

There's an opening in Bellevue right now - chief of police. I would consider that a public worker position. The one leaving got over $200K in leave payout and retirement pay of almost $70K/year. Plus, the city will pay for you to rendez-vous with your girlfriend in faraway cities.

Try harder idiot. I will beat you in every political debate with both hands tied behind my back and paying 99% of my attention to car shows. BTW lib = idiot that is a law that I suspect you don't know.

Grow up pal. You don't want to know anything I have to teach and you can learn nothing from me. You're a lifer loser same as BC. Try to ask a serious honest question and trust me I do know how hard that is for a lifer NTY MSNBCer. It's near impossible for you but if you actually pull it off I'll probably answer.

You really should raise your opinion of yourself because it appears to be awfully low.

:blink:

:dumdum