Weight: 215

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: None

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida St, Kentucky

Favorites: Florida St

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: N/A

Assessing the talent: Ranked as the 24th best prospect in the college junior ranks and plays for Butler Community College, with fellow NU recruiting prospect Kenny Wilson who is slated to visit Nebraska on Nov 11th. He finished the season with over 65 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries and 3 tackles for a loss. Nebraska could have the upper hand in his recruitment with 2 of the 3 players (Zac Taylor, Frantz Hardy) from last years class already seeing playing time this year and a third who was slated to see playing time had it not been for an injury. Verdell will be a 3 for 3 player after using up a redshirt last year and playing as a starter this year

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 45% The Huskers are up against Florida St for his services. He has a visit scheduled to Florida St December 9th. He is looking to schedule a visit to Nebraska as well. With his early graduation in December, he will likely make a decision before December 17th, so it's crucial NU get him in for a visit or step up the pressure

• 1 month later...

hello, toddrick verdell & paul griffin dt **** (who is already a fsu commit), both from butler cc, were supposed to visit fsu this weekend, but...THEY MISSED THEIR PLANE

if I were a juco prospect, who received a free plane ticket, & received a scholarship to get my schooling paid for you better believe that I am making that plane trip - the incompetence/irresponsibility of the both of them blows my mind (let fsu have them)

hello, toddrick verdell & paul griffin dt **** (who is already a fsu commit), both from butler cc, were supposed to visit fsu this weekend, but...THEY MISSED THEIR PLANE

if I were a juco prospect, who received a free plane ticket, & received a scholarship to get my schooling paid for you better believe that I am making that plane trip - the incompetence/irresponsibility of the both of them blows my mind (let fsu have them)

Thanks hootin. I knew he was suppose to be at FSU this weekend, but hadn't checked up on him to see whether he made it or not. Having you around to help out with recruiting is beneficial :thumbs

Huh. I wonder why the kid is in Junior College...

Any chance that him missing his plane to FSU helps NU slide in the back door to swoop him up? The profile says he wants to make a decision so he can enroll by Jan. Does he have a visit this coming weekend set up?

He is planning on rescheduling it. I really don't see NU having any chance with this guy. He has been high on FSU since he went JUCO

hello, verdell finally arrived to tallahassee, fl this weekend - which was his 1st visit of the yr, & he has just committed to fsu (oh well, NU got palmer who is not as big a safety as verdell, yet he does have 3 yrs to play...plus, NU must have wanted palmer in a big way since they assigned blake to him in the 1st place)