Nebraska Preview 2012: Michigan Perspective

http://mgoblog.com/content/2012-opponent-preview-nebraska

Brian Cook over at MGoBlog (UM's premier football blog/board) has been doing previews for all of Michigan's opponents for the upcoming season. Thought you guys might find it interesting (whether it says what you want to hear or not) to hear about the Huskers from a different perspective. If any of you know of something similar towards Michigan, please post the link as I would be very interested in a Nebraskan take.

Anyways, enjoy, discuss and have a great day.

Lots of offseason fluff has been devoted to his throwing mechanics and accuracy, which is silly.

Rex Burkhead, the quintessential workhorse that Nebraska can always feed the ball to from the I formation when all else fails, returns at tailback. The Huskers should be mindful of his mileage, though. 38 carries against Iowa was cool last season, but after Cody Green's transfer

:dunno

Lots of offseason fluff has been devoted to his throwing mechanics and accuracy, which is silly.

Rex Burkhead, the quintessential workhorse that Nebraska can always feed the ball to from the I formation when all else fails, returns at tailback. The Huskers should be mindful of his mileage, though. 38 carries against Iowa was cool last season,but after Cody Green's transfer

:dunno

You didn't know Cody Green was a running back? Where have you been? ;)

Did Hunter94 write this?

Quite a bit wrong in the factual department and it pisses me off to read it, but alot of it is reality. Its just one guys uninformed opinion on a blog, and i really hope we can show up and play to our potential and shut up idiots like this. Even thou hes right about some things, just his attitude thru the whole article, the... were better then you attitude, makes me want to punch him in the face. If we play hard and to our potential theres no reason we shouldnt be in every game this year, we cant afford to shoot ourselves in the foot anymore.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Quite a bit wrong in the factual department and it pisses me off to read it, but alot of it is reality. Its just one guys uninformed opinion on a blog, and i really hope we can show up and play to our potential and shut up idiots like this. Even thou hes right about some things, just his attitude thru the whole article, the... were better then you attitude, makes me want to punch him in the face. If we play hard and to our potential theres no reason we shouldnt be in every game this year, we cant afford to shoot ourselves in the foot anymore.

Meh. Whoever typed that article obviously has about three brain cells. You're just going to give yourself a headache worrying about what every Husker hating moron out there says.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Meh. Whoever typed that article obviously has about three brain cells. You're just going to give yourself a headache worrying about what every Husker hating moron out there says.

Not sure if you read the article, but he does predict NU to beat Michigan. Also, this guy has two engineering degrees from UM so I think it's safe to assume he has more than three brain cells.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Not sure if you read the article, but he does predict NU to beat Michigan. Also, this guy has two engineering degrees from UM so I think it's safe to assume he has more than three brain cells.

some of what he says is pretty accurate, but he doesn't give either line a chance to improve, which is totally unrealistic. the real question is, how much better will our O and D lines be.......

The writing was annoying but it was fairly in line with my thoughts. Except... "None of the Huskers receivers were that good last season, and it's pretty safe to say they won't be unearthing any new talent this fall." I have hope that they'll be surprising some people. I think our WRs have a lot of potential as long as Kinnie hasn't passed on the disease that Paul gave him.

Did Hunter94 write this?

I seriously doubt there's any significant difference in under-graduate engineering teaching between any big universities. Just because he's from "Michigan" doesn't mean he knows more basic mathematical formulas and/or chemical/electrical/mechanical/etc theory.

Of course you're right that he's had a fine and rigorous education but attending "Michigan" is not the deciding issue at all. His major is.

I seriously doubt there's any significant difference in under-graduate engineering teaching between any big universities. Just because he's from "Michigan" doesn't mean he knows more basic mathematical formulas and/or chemical/electrical/mechanical/etc theory.

Of course you're right that he's had a fine and rigorous education but attending "Michigan" is not the deciding issue at all. His major is.

Wow, you read way more into that than you should have. I highly doubt Blue wrote the "from UM" to imply that it's better than an engineering degree from somewhere else. It just happened to be part of his sentence. Obviously the engineering part was the key word.

The writing was annoying but it was fairly in line with my thoughts. Except... "None of the Huskers receivers were that good last season, and it's pretty safe to say they won't be unearthing any new talent this fall." I have hope that they'll be surprising some people. I think our WRs have a lot of potential as long as Kinnie hasn't passed on the disease that Paul gave him.

Well, it's hardly only a NP or BK disease but those two had the most advanced cases with it.

Wow, you read way more into that than you should have. I highly doubt Blue wrote the "from UM" to imply that it's better than an engineering degree from somewhere else. It just happened to be part of his sentence. Obviously the engineering part was the key word.

My mistake then! I stand most humbly corrected.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Nothing bad about the article, not far from what has been said here. The most remarkable thing is he's an engineer. I didn't know engineers could write.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Nothing bad about the article, not far from what has been said here. The most remarkable thing is he's an engineer. I didn't know engineers could write.

sure we can right pritty well.

Did Hunter94 write this?

He (you?) takes his (your?) little stabs and jokes at our program's expense, I take mine at his (yours?). Welcome to Huskerboard!

:thumbs