Question about Buying tickets outside the stadium

I,m looking at possibly buying tickets out the stadium for some of the home games this year, I have never pursued this route when purchasing tickets so I have had a few questions come to mind. First what are the tricks of the trade when buying outside the stadium? I know there are scalpers every place it seems. Secondly Is it usualy more difficult finding seats together? ( talking like 3-4 tickets) Next I,m guessing the bigger the game the harder it is to find seats what is the best time to buy for big games such as Wisconsin Michigan ect? And Lastly what is a decent price to pay for tickets? I know bigger games will prolly be higher. Thanks

I have one friend that uses this method all the time. He is super cheap, so he will wait until 5 or 10 minutes after kickoff, and by that point, people will be anxious to get rid of their tickets so they don't come away with nothing. He usually gets in for anywhere from 20-50 bucks, depending on who we are playing. If you want to see the whole game, I would think you would be able to get tickets for 55-60.