2012 Heisman Candidates

Excel

Montee Ball - W 26-21 vs. No. Iowa - 32 car, 120 yds, 3.8 ypc, 1 TD; 3 rec, 31 yds

Stats look good but it was more quantity instead of quality; Pros - Um, it was decent; Cons - Not exactly Heisman-worthy

Matt Barkley - W 49-10 vs. Hawaii - 23/38 (60.5%), 372 yds, 4 TDs

Big game, as expected; Pros - Lots of pub and stats to back it up; Cons - Martinez was better :o

Geno Smith - W 69-34 vs. Marshall - 32/36 (88.9%), 323 yds, 4 TDs; 8 rush, 65 yds, 1 TD

Big game, as expected; Pros - Could be the best player in the conference; Cons - Needs stats like this every week

Marcus Lattimore - W 17-13 vs. Vandy - 23 rush, 110 yds, 4.8 ypc, 2 TDs; 3 rec, 21 yds

Accounted for nearly half SC's yards; Pros - Carried his team; Cons - Team didn't look overly great

And ...

Taylor Martinez - 26/34 (76.5%), 354 yds, 5 TDs; 6 rush, 10 yds

Great performance on national TV; Pros - Jesse Palmer on the bandwagon; Cons - Needs a lot more of it

Montee Ball - W 26-21 vs. No. Iowa - 32 car, 120 yds, 3.8 ypc, 1 TD; 3 rec, 31 yds

Stats look good but it was more quantity instead of quality; Pros - Um, it was decent; Cons - Not exactly Heisman-worthy

Big game, as expected; Pros - Lots of pub and stats to back it up; Cons - Martinez was better :o

Geno Smith - W 69-34 vs. Marshall - 32/36 (88.9%), 323 yds, 4 TDs; 8 rush, 65 yds, 1 TD

Big game, as expected; Pros - Could be the best player in the conference; Cons - Needs stats like this every week

Marcus Lattimore - W 17-13 vs. Vandy - 23 rush, 110 yds, 4.8 ypc, 2 TDs; 3 rec, 21 yds

Accounted for nearly half SC's yards; Pros - Carried his team; Cons - Team didn't look overly great

And ...

Great performance on national TV; Pros - Jesse Palmer on the bandwagon; Cons - Needs a lot more of it

Add LeVeon Bell to your list. If he continues to carry the ball like he did Fri night, he could be a finalist. On the down side, if he continues to carry the ball 45 times a game, he probably won't make it through half the season without and injury of some kind.

And ...

Add LeVeon Bell to your list. If he continues to carry the ball like he did Fri night, he could be a finalist. On the down side, if he continues to carry the ball 45 times a game, he probably won't make it through half the season without and injury of some kind.

Exactly. He'll end the season in a cast.

I'm gonna give you guys my dark horse, sleeper, money making heisman! TAYLOR friggin MARTINEZ!!! Don't laugh!!! I can see this being his year. I am officially picking TM to win it baby! Mark this thread and post number so when he wins it, you all can suck my......!!!!!!!!

+1

If he keeps the passing game going once the conference schedule hits and shows some occasional Freshman year running, we won't need the Kool-Aid for this anymore.

However I'd prefer to see Burkhead heal up and steamroll his way into the top3 for Heisman.

• 4 weeks later...