President claims that no one built a business on their own

Yes, I sell gaffes to the White House. They prefer used ones.

Gaffes? I thought that we were talking about totally real statements and not at all about manufactured outrage?

I'll take the name as a sign that you're done PMing complaints to Mods about being called "Yos." A grown man complaining about being called a shortened form of his name on the internet? That's hilarious. :lol:

No, I don't PM Mods about your personal attacks. Should I?.

just my opinion but he has asked to not be called Yos politely, and to ignore that seems like you intentionally are trying to make it personal. I would hope that if you asked not to be called something most people would respect that and discontinue it use, otherwise it seems like a personal flame.

• Fire 2

Gaffes? I thought that we were talking about totally real statements and not at all about manufactured outrage?

I'll take the name as a sign that you're done PMing complaints to Mods about being called "Yos." A grown man complaining about being called a shortened form of his name on the internet? That's hilarious. :lol:

Please stop with the personal stuff. It makes me uncomfortable.

• Fire 1

We can argue endlessly about that one line in Obama’s speech and what the larger context meant. But when you strip away all the noise, here’s what’s left behind: to argue that this kind of spending — and government in general — can help facilitate success does not degrade that success or demean the individual inititative and ingenuity that went into producing it. Romney needs to obscure this basic and obvious truth, which is why he and his surrogates continue to suggest Obama said that only government is responsible for your success, and you had nothing to do with it. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the entire argument being made right now by this major party presidential candidate is based on a complete fiction.

http://www.washingto...s=rss_plum-line

That's not a personal attack. That's just very funny.

Also . . . I think a more clear picture of Yossarian is emerging. Strange behavior. All of it. Including these lies. I don't know if it's insecurity or what . . . but it's definitely strange.

Here's a bit of good news: President Obama is going to continue speaking without a teleprompter despite the fact that he "stepped in it" (my quotes) with his "you didn't build that" statement". In fact he's now bragging about it when he goes off script and doesn't screw up.

On Wednesday, for example, in a speech to the National Urban League, Obama drew applause and cheers when he veered off script to urge young Americans to study — and then specifically pointed out he was speaking extemporaneously.

"You're competing against young people in Beijing and Bangalore," Obama said. "You know, they're not hangin' out. They're not gettin' over. They're not playin' video games. They're not watching 'Real Housewives.'

"That wasn't in my prepared remarks," Obama offered up quickly, to applause. "But I'm just saying."

I can only add, "Way to go...you da' man!!!"

http://thehill.com/h...-plans-on-stump

That's not a personal attack. That's just very funny.

Also . . . I think a more clear picture of Yossarian is emerging. Strange behavior. All of it. Including these lies. I don't know if it's insecurity or what . . . but it's definitely strange.

Why are you calling me a liar? Really, what's with that?

I thought that we'd moved on from that. But, hey if you'd like to revisit...

I called you a liar because you did one thing and then said that you didn't do it. That fits the definition of a lie. What do you call someone who tells a lie? A liar.

Like I said. Strange behavior . . . even for the internet.

I thought that we'd moved on from that. But, hey if you'd like to revisit...

I called you a liar because you did one thing and then said that you didn't do it. That fits the definition of a lie. What do you call someone who tells a lie? A liar.

Like I said. Strange behavior . . . even for the internet.

What are you talking about? You need to revisit the Board rules: There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling). Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.