President claims that no one built a business on their own

the only reason obama does get gruff for using teleprompters is because conservatives where threatened by how great a speaker he was perceived as so they had to dismiss it somehow.

They most certainly didn't expect Obama to make mincemeat of McCain like he did. The teleprompter thing is a counterpunch to that.

Please, even Biden could have made mincemeat out of McCain....

now this is really off topic, but it will be interesting to see who romney chooses has his running mate.

the only reason obama does get gruff for using teleprompters is because conservatives where threatened by how great a speaker he was perceived as so they had to dismiss it somehow.

They most certainly didn't expect Obama to make mincemeat of McCain like he did. The teleprompter thing is a counterpunch to that.

That is not the tune being sung this time four years ago. My, how opinions change with the results of these elections.

that is what i wanted to know. also, i heard when he read to preschoolers, had actually had 'wild things' right there in front of him! what a hack!

It's pretty simple. Obama wanted to announce his education initiative and they chose a classroom in which to do it. During his remarks to the press, they set up the podium and he read the announcement off teleprompters.

Obama did not address sixth-graders using a teleprompter, but of course that's not the narrative you were given by Fox News - their version was that Obama addressed a school classroom, and he's such an inept public speaker that he had to use a teleprompter to speak, even to children. And, of course, there's a segment of the population that just eats that stuff up and vomits it back up whenever this topic of Obama speaking publicly is discussed.

to be perfectly frank, i would probably still use a teleprompter even if i was just speaking to a group of school children. (a. i am not really joking. b. how does everyone remember dan quayle?).

Your making my point about the media...........Quayle is remembered more for the "potato" incident than for anything he did in the Senate (including arguably saving the Patriot missle), while gaffe-a-day Biden is portrayed as ......"that's just ol' Joe"................

Media portrayal of one as an idiot and the other as a harmless old uncle prototype.......

but you are the one mocking someone for use a teleprompter when such an innocuous misstep has defined a politician. what point about the media am i making? that they are sensationalist and care too much about soundbites? i already made that point. you are the one who knows biden as 'gaffe-a-day' and think obama is seriously flawed because he uses teleprompters.

Just to be clear since you seem to be imminently acute about making assumptions......... I never said Obama was "seriously flawed" because of the teleprompter. I simply believe it's a poor procedural decision since so many seem (like you) to believe he is a "Great" speaker. Why would such a genius even need it? I don't count myself as one who is swooned by his oratory; in fact I think it is vastly over-rated. But obviously I'm in the minority since the media have convinced so many that he is. But the last time I looked, I was still entitled to my opinion..........or is the government going to coerce that as well?

Except for . . . Mitt Romney . . . who dropped out and endorsed McCain?

Just to be clear since you seem to be imminently acute about making assumptions......... I never said Obama was "seriously flawed" because of the teleprompter. I simply believe it's a poor procedural decision since so many seem (like you) to believe he is a "Great" speaker. Why would such a genius even need it? I don't count myself as one who is swooned by his oratory; in fact I think it is vastly over-rated. But obviously I'm in the minority since the media have convinced so many that he is. But the last time I looked, I was still entitled to my opinion..........or is the government going to coerce that as well?

What?

That is not the tune being sung this time four years ago. My, how opinions change with the results of these elections.

If you can find anything I said about McCain being the best candidate four years ago, I will happily buy you dinner and all you can drink..........and you can even have CNN on in the background!

Except for . . . Mitt Romney . . . who dropped out and endorsed McCain?

Party loyalty......

So.... when you regurgitate info gleaned from Fox News, that's you being informed, but when people disagree with that (and show you that it's wrong), that's them being suckered by "the media?"

Wow.

what are you talking about? i never said he is a great speaker (and defending him as such was never my point), all i did was point out how inane it was to make his teleprompter use an issue. also, to me it seem that fox news inflated the perception of his oratory skills to be dismissive of his popularity. they were able to reduce him to only being well-liked because he was a 'celebrity' and a good speaker. then they were able to criticize him for his use of a teleprompter and dismiss his public speaking abilities. but, i would never assume that they influence your opinions in anyway. i thought we were having a nice conversation, i did not expect a reaction, that is all over the place, like this.

also, how is being a great speaker and using a teleprompter mutually exclusive? why would it be?

finally, i can judge his speaking merit on my own. please do not assume i only think the way i do because of the media.

i guess i was wrong to assume you thought obama was seriously flawed because of his use of a teleprompter, but what else was i to think with your insistence of the issue?

So.... when you regurgitate info gleaned from Fox News, that's you being informed, but when people disagree with that (and show you that it's wrong), that's them being suckered by "the media?"

Wow.

Please point out where my opinion of Obama's oratorical skills were injected by Fox.............? Can one not listen and make a decision on his own? Not according to you. ALL of my opinions MUST be formed by outside entities. Wow ...back at you....

Wow.

Please point out where my opinion of Obama's oratorical skills were injected by Fox.............? Can one not listen and make a decision on his own? Not according to you. ALL of my opinions MUST be formed by outside entities. Wow ...back at you....

All of the opinions you've posted here can be directly taken from Fox News talking points. If you're claiming you just so happened to come up with those on your own independently of Fox News, I'll be happy to take you at your word.

Wow.

but you can specifically accuse my opinion of obama's oratory skills as being influenced by the 'mainstream media'?

what are you talking about? i never said he is a great speaker (and defending him as such was never my point), all i did was point out how inane it was to make his teleprompter use an issue. also, to me it seem that fox news inflated the perception of his oratory skills to be dismissive of his popularity. they were able to reduce him to only being well-liked because he was a 'celebrity' and a good speaker. then they were able to criticize him for his use of a teleprompter and dismiss his public speaking abilities. but, i would never assume that they influence your opinions in anyway. i thought we were having a nice conversation, i did not expect a reaction, that is all over the place, like this.

also, how is being a great speaker and using a teleprompter mutually exclusive? why would it be?

finally, i can judge his speaking merit on my own. please do not assume i only think the way i do because of the media.

i guess i was wrong to assume you thought obama was seriously flawed because of his use of a teleprompter, but what else was i to think with your insistence of the issue?

We are having a nice discussion. " please do not assume i only think the way i do because of the media." Thank you for articulating this. I was attempting to show the fallacy of just such an argument. In fact, I've been accused of that by our friend Knappic in this very same thread. Sometimes the best way to point out the absurdity is to hurl it back.

The whole teleprompter bit IS overplayed, especially in this lengthy thread. It is a quick way to tweak those who believe he is such a great speaker, but today it has taken on a life of it's own.