Jordan Burroughs--Best wrestler at Olympics, but no BTN coverage?

I just read the articles from August 11 and 14 that were posted on Huskers.com; in particular, the piece that stood out to me was the Randy York N-Sider article on the impact that Jordan Burroughs is having on wrestling in general, as well as how his success has put Lincoln in a good light for wrestling nationally.

If you haven't read this article yet, check it out.

Al Michaels, thee "Do you believe in miracles?" voice from America’s 1980 Olympic hockey win over Russia, interviewed Burroughs last Saturday morning on NBC. Michaels mentioned how Burroughs grew up in New Jersey, competed for Nebraska and lived in Lincoln. “Since you’re going to be out of college for the next four years and not training in a college program, how are you going to be ready for Rio de Janeiro?”

The next 10 words of this interview are as golden for Nebraska as the previous night was for Burroughs. “I still live and train full time in Lincoln, Nebraska,” Burroughs told Michaels.

Yet, when you check out the BTN's coverage of wrestling, Burroughs coverage (unless I overlooked it), is virtually non-existent. Instead, we're treated to coverage of Jake Herbert, who didn't even medal because of perceived anti-American sentiment.

Yet, Jordan Burroughs was able to win Gold...

...I guess what I'm wondering is if this coverage oversight by the BTN shows that perhaps we're not as included into the Big Ten fold as we'd like to think we are?

Just food for thought.

And an article to cover the greatness that is Jordan Burroughs. Damn proud he's a Husker. :)

• Fire 1

Yeah, that's odd. It seems like BTN has been pretty good about covering Nebraska. They've done a great job of welcoming us into the fold this past year. But they dropped the ball on covering Burroughs. :dunno

Yeah, that's odd. It seems like BTN has been pretty good about covering Nebraska. They've done a great job of welcoming us into the fold this past year. But they dropped the ball on covering Burroughs. :dunno

Agreed. And Burroughs is, for all intents and purposes, a "Big 10" kind of man--he works his arse off, loves his school and town, and has done nothing to tarnish his reputation.

Especially after how the wrestler they did cover really didn't do a good job of representing himself or his country IMO.

Agree that the omission of the BTN is inexplicable. (as a consolation prize, he did do well on Leno)

For those of us who invested a lot of years competing in, and coaching wrestling, it was gratifying to see him act like a champion before and after !