Bowl Projections from all over

GSG

Dienhart has Nebraska vs. Oklahoma in the Fiesta

http://btn.com/2012/08/27/dienhart-my-preseason-big-ten-bowl-projections/

Stewart Mandel has Nebraska vs. South Carolina in the Outback

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/08/27/preseason-bowl-projections/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a0

Mark Schlabach - ESPN

Nebraska vs. Mississippi State in the Gator

Brad Edwards - ESPN

Nebraska vs. Florida in the Outback

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections?season=2012&week=0

Considering the derp coming from ESPN about Nebraska as of late, I'm not shocked with their projections. I fully expect that, after going 4-0 and our defense showing more life than last season, they'll be "shocked" with the turnaround and then pick us to play in the BCS Title Game or some such nonsense.

At least Deinhart has us going to a top-tier/BCS bowl. He has Michigan State winning it all and going to the Rose Bowl (which I still don't understand), and Michigan dropping to the Gator. I don't see that much of a drop-off in Michigan, but they do have a tougher schedule I suppose.

Mandell's picks are a little wonky--while he, too, has MSU going to the Rose Bowl, he has Wisky taking our BCS at-large spot.

Can someone clue me in as to why there's so much Michigan State love? I thought they lost something like 80% of their offensive output over last season--is it schedule, is their defense 2009 Nebraska good? Did Michigan State just provide better entertainment for the journalists?

Well if we're just throwing sh#t at the wall and seeing what sticks: I'll take Nebraska vs. The University of Alberta Golden Bears in first annual

What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar Bowl held in Anchorage Alaska at the 4500 seat Anchorage Football Stadium!

Interesting Anchorage Football Stadium fun fact:

The stadium was one of the first ever to use Field Turf which was installed in 1999!

I really do not know, but listened to Jack Arute and Eddie George a week ago interviewing their web site host, and he was stating they felt that this would be their best team since the 1966 MNC team. Listed a lot of reasons, but not knowing their team that well, could not give you the particulars, just heard it so to speak in passing, did not pay that much attention to it. But they feel confident was the jest, extremely confident. Admitted that Nebraska gave them a true Butt whipping though.

I really do not know, but listened to Jack Arute and Eddie George a week ago interviewing their web site host, and he was stating they felt that this would be their best team since the 1966 MNC team. Listed a lot of reasons, but not knowing their team that well, could not give you the particulars, just heard it so to speak in passing, did not pay that much attention to it. But they feel confident was the jest, extremely confident. Admitted that Nebraska gave them a true Butt whipping though.

Ah, so they may or may not be better, but because they're feeling good about themselves, in spite of personnel losses, they're confident they'll win the Big 10?

Yeah, that doesn't make too much sense. Then again, we're talking about Jack Arute, who couldn't even get sideline reporting correct.