Weekend Review - New Commits, 2/1

Starting a new thread for the flood of info and discussion that is heading our way. No real concrete updates at this time, however FWIW here is the latest:

-McCoy has passed the "eye ball test". Meaning he is built like a cement truck, and looks like he could play in the NFL today. His trip is going well and seems very interested.

-Hinds is also having a great visit. He was very impressed by the tunnel walk, and word is that he was heard talking about what it will be like playing for NU. But then again so did Gabe Hatchett, MM, among others. The Tunnel Walk is powerful, but lets just hope its powers extend beyond their visit, b/c I think Rocky's decision wont come until Tuesday.

More on the way...

anything I missed up to this point?

Jordan Adams has committed.

Rocky Hinds "has a decision to make" that will be made on signing day.

Charles McCoy has an academic issue with one class he needs to get squared away, but it sounds like he'll commit.

Coley liked his visit but he wants to discuss with family before he decides.

More coming.

Thanks guys. More on Coley. He had a GREAT time. Said he really felt "the love", and NU is on a whole different level than he had experienced. Said he is definitely thinking about being a Husker. This sounds good for us guys. But he is waiting until the wire, and will go with his heart. Hopefully he happens to have a Big Red heart, b/c this guy sounds like the real deal and should be an immediate impact player.

more on Jordan Adams. Hartnell (CA)

Grosmont

Pro-style quarterback

Height: 6-foot-3

Weight: 195 pounds

He has officially verbally commited as a guest mentioned earlier. Here is some info.

he only played one yr at Juco so has 3 yrs of eligibility and 4 yrs to do it. as a freshman played primarily as a backup but did have games where he threw for 531 yards and 350 yards.

he played in this championship Juco game and almost led his team back from a 21 point deficit after the stater got hurt. threw for 347 yards and three touchdowns

http://jucofootball.org/03ccsf_grossmont.html

Good stuff guys. Was out of town this past wknd, and its nice to come back to a good breakdown of the latest info.

Well I'll try to add something. Unfortunately its not better news, but Darity from Tally has just removed NU from his short list. And Gallon has FSU, Auburn and Tenn on his short list. Manning has it down to Auburn, Florida State, Nebraska and Tennessee. So its not looking too good for any of the other Tally5. Like Redout said, the announcement should be made during WCTV's 6:00 p.m. news broadcast in Tally.

Man if we land T Nunn, Hinds, Coley, McCoy and a few others, along with Jordan Adams I will be real stoked. Very nice class.

he is loving Lincoln to the point he is trying to get one of his boyz to decomm from another school and go to NU withem. this would be huge guys!!

that's right, rocky. come to nebraksa and you'll have 70 thousand plus crimson-clad loons screaming your name.

you can't *buy* that kinda love.

Well I hope your source is correct Redcountry, b/c from what Im hearing from his HS coach, Rocky had an "alright" time in Lincoln. Hopefully this is just The Coach who doesnt want him to leave town b/c of inside connections with USC talking. He also stated "Rocky is glad that he went and saw Nebraska so there won’t be any second thoughts" “Nebraska just received commitments from a couple of quarterbacks,” his HS coach said. “I think Rocky wants to be the only quarterback in his class.”

Not looking real good. But we will see on Wed.

My friend just emailed me this quote from Coley:

"Jeremy had a real good visit to Nebraska this past weekend," said Head Coach Jeff Sims. "He is going to announce his decision at a press conference at 4 PM CST tomorrow (Tues). He will either choose Nebraska or Purdue, and right now I honestly don't have an idea of where he is leaning towards."

me thinks this looks good for us!

Yeh I havent heard very encouraging things about Hinds either. Oh well.

Another note. FWIW, John Watts (visited Jan. 23) committed to Auburn. 2 star, 6-6 250 OT. Not sure we even offered him a full 'ship, I believe we asked him to "grey shirt"/ walk-on and earn one. Not a huge loss, just hope Call and co have some last min trix up their sleeves, b/c we still have several to expend.

Also just in. Rory Johnson (4 star, 6-2, 215, 4.4) rated the No. 10 outside linebacker, who visited this past weekend will be annoucing his decision tonight or tomorrow morning. We were the frontrunner before the coaching turmoil, so it will depend on how well he liked J Blake and Cos. This will be interesting, b/c we are competing with Ole Miss and Miss St., Ole Miss being Blakes ol school, so this should be a good barometer to determine just how powerful the mighty Blake really is.

To update a post from Blackshirt last wk in another thread:

This is an interesting story about Clavorris Sibley, an apparent diamond in the rough.

We may bring him in for a visit this weekend.

According to Max Emfinger:

Sibley (6-0, 208, 4.4) is one of the most underrated players in the State of Louisiana and also in the country, but it is only because most of the college coaches and other recruiting services just do not understand the unique situation that surrounds him. Sibley is one of the best athletes that I have ever seen and I have continued to rate him as one of my Ultimate Super Seven players as an athlete...and the reason is because he richly deservs it.

http://www.maxemfingerrecruiting.com/artic...rissibley.shtml

He is out of the picture now for a myriad of reasons.