tOSU, PSU could be official division champs

NUance

OSU, PSU can be official division champs

By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com

<snip>

The Big Ten confirmed to me Tuesday that both Penn State and Ohio State can be named official Leaders division champions this season -- and, in Penn State's case, during the next three seasons -- despite the postseason ban. The teams even would earn a trophy from the league for winning the division.

LINK

Good news for the Urbanators, I guess. It's a moot point for the State Penn fans.

So they can get the trophy for straight up winning their division, but they can't go to the B1G championship or bowl game....this makes no sense...

I think it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is a team that didn't win their division can win the conference. (Or a team that didn't win its conference winning the MNC...)

The part about someone not winning their division winning the conference doesn't bother me so much. Your last comment is basically the thorn in the side of the BCS Championship for many years, and likely will still have the ability to hinder the playoff a bit even. Though, at that point, at least you're playing it out on the field.