We need to start recruting athleticism and talent on Defense

Haspula

In fairness, I'm certainly not clear on if there really is a meaningful difference between nickel and peso looks, barring Hagg. An alignment shift perhaps?

Bring back Hagg! (I kid, I kid.)

Yeah, but your not kidding that much because the difference really is players like Gomes and Hagg. Of course it doesn't help that Stafford is the only one who is ever in the vicinity to make a tackle due to the frozen 7.

yeah, I know, but I think we have to recognize that's the situation we are currently in. It was not the case in 2010 (short of starting a freshman at quarterback), when we had that very solid group of veterans heading the team.

However, 2011 was a transitional year at a number of positions - mainly in the secondary.

2012 is now a transitional year for mainly the LBs. The question is going to be, will that secondary 'arrive' and define themselves this year? I think to a large extent the answer is promising so far.

However, we don't have those athletic new linebackers up in the ranks yet. And the DL is an area where we have fully failed to transition well, IMO. They are going to have to go through some reinventing.

Every year in transitional in college. You lose at least 20% of your team every year. NU needs a system that allows great athletes to get on the field an attack, not lear a system for 2 years until they are ready and then get yelled at on the sidelines for being out of position.