Hypothetical Pelini Replacement

As I've said before, I don't think Bo needs to be fired, until he puts together back-to-back lackluster seasons. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him jump ship and take a DC position elsewhere if he feels his seat getting warm. A lot of people aren't thinking about that possibility.

That's because it's not really a possibility in the real world. I've never heard of a head coach voluntarily stepping down to be a coordinator at the same level. A D2 or D3 or high school head coach will often do it do jump to FBS, maybe even a FCS coach would do it, but name me one coach who's left an FBS head coach job on his own (i.e., not been fired) to take a coordinator job at another FBS school and I'll start thinking about it.

Sorry, I meant NFL, not another college program.

If and I mean if Nebraska dis go in another direction, the should seriously go after Chris Peterson at Boise. If not him, then Al Golden at Miami; he is a good coach stuck in a bad situation that he inherited without his knowledge.

Oh c'mon! Anybody taking the Miami job has to have a little suspicion with that school! If blood runs to the front door but the inside is squeaky clean, it's buyer beware!

James Franklin from Vanderbilt.

Pros

Loves the media

Uses the media every chance he gets

Embraces recruiting to the highest level

Cons

Not a lot of experience

Not a super great track record of wins/losses yet

Excellent choice. Definitely has Vandy on the up-and-up.

If and I mean if Nebraska dis go in another direction, the should seriously go after Chris Peterson at Boise. If not him, then Al Golden at Miami; he is a good coach stuck in a bad situation that he inherited without his knowledge.

Stop patronizing. Peterson CLEARLY is going nowhere. Golden sucks. We want the same level of coach that you guys want... I don't believe you would choose those two for your school.

Nobody,

If Urban was not in the mix when we were looking, I would have no problem taking Peterson. I was just bringing up realistic names for Nebraska right now. How big of name do you think would be available and who would leave their current position to take it? Peterson, I believe would leave for the right situation, Nebraska is a perfect fit for him. IMHO

And, oh, I am not patronizing.

I personally like Chris Petersen, although I think it would be difficult to get him away from Boise. I've also seen Bill Cowher mentioned, but no way we he come to coach Nebraska, when he has NFL teams who want him. I know people don't like Bobby Petrino, but the guy is a winner... maybe down the road his rep will be somewhat improved and he'd be worth a shot. I also am looking forward to see how Rich Rod does at Arizona... I don't think he was given enough time at Michigan. Another guy that needs to be considered is Jim Tressel (yes, I know.)

Nobody,

I Urban was not in the mix, I would have no problem taking Peterson. I was just bringing up realistic names for Nebraska right now. How big of name do you think would be available and who would leave their current position to take it? Peterson, I believe would leave for the right situation, Nebraska is a perfect fit for him. IMHO

The thing is, this isn't going to happen right now; the earliest it would be is the end of the 2013 season. A lot can change between now and then.

Stop patronizing. Peterson CLEARLY is going nowhere. Golden sucks. We want the same level of coach that you guys want... I don't believe you would choose those two for your school.

What the hell is your problem? He was just giving a couple options that he thought would be good hires.

Nobody,

If Urban was not in the mix when we were looking, I would have no problem taking Peterson. I was just bringing up realistic names for Nebraska right now. How big of name do you think would be available and who would leave their current position to take it? Peterson, I believe would leave for the right situation, Nebraska is a perfect fit for him. IMHO

I'd take Peterson if Bo wasnt available. But if Peterson would leave for the right offer, he's not doing a very good job of showing it. I don't think I'd be happy with anyone available right now. With that said, I think the best fit would be an up and coming coach.. to get where we want to be, I think we need a young urban or a young saban.

Nobody,

I'd take Peterson if Bo wasnt available. But if Peterson would leave for the right offer, he's not doing a very good job of showing it. I think I'd be happy with anyone available right now. With that said, I think the best fit would be an up and coming coach.. to get where we want to be, I think we need a young urban or a young saban.

his name is Bo Pelini