Jack & Isaiah: Little People With Big Hearts

Nexus

Just learned that little Isaiah Casillas' condition is terminal. :(

Glad he and Jack got to experience this last night though.

Two heroes representing Nebraska’s second biggest home football comeback of all time led Saturday night’s Tunnel Walk but didn’t play a down. They became larger than life on facebook but weren’t introduced to a sellout Homecoming crowd until after the band finished its halftime performance. Running back Rex Burkhead lifted up Jack Hoffman, 7, so he could touch the lucky horseshoe hanging over the locker room door that marks the first step of Nebraska’s emotional march to the field. Receiver Quincy Enunwa lifted up Isaiah Casillas, 6, so he could touch the same horseshoe. Then Burkhead and Enunwa became personal body guards, helping two fun-loving little boys with brain cancer avoid a human stampede.

Continue Reading

This story gives a little perspective to some of us diehard fans. There truly are things bigger then football, but sometimes football can help heal some of those things, even if its just for a day. God's blessings on both Jack and Isaiah and a huge salute to Rex, Quincy, and all of the other Huskers involved. This is truly what makes Nebraska so great

These 2 young men are heroes to me...they are fighting a very uphill battle and one they might not win. I have a 6 yr. old boy and couldn't imagine what it would be like for him to go thru what these 2 are going thru. I am blessed to be a fan of a great team with great players that do things they don't have to but do them cause they want to. God bless Jack and Isaiah and the everyone that is envolved in their lives.