Offensive Line

He's saying that the 2009 defenses bore some responsibility in some of our losses, which is true, in the example of the VT game.

Easy to blame the defense, but the defense was like 1% responsible for that loss (Matt O'Hanlon being that sole 1%)

He's saying that the 2009 defenses bore some responsibility in some of our losses, which is true, in the example of the VT game.

Easy to blame the defense, but the defense was like 1% responsible for that loss (Matt O'Hanlon being that sole 1%)

Good God you're dumb. Selectively scapegoat much?

1. It was Matt O' Hanlon who chased down the Va Tech WR after the CB (Blue) mistakenly let the WR go because the CB thought he was playing zone.

2. Our defense had no less than 5 chances to win the game against the Hokies after Blue's huge coverage gaffe.

To blame O'Hanlon for the loss to Va Tech in Blacksburg demonstrates a disturbingly stupid lack of football knowledge and comprehension of what actually occurred in the game.

Go back and rewatch the last three minutes. Nebraska lost that game but it was NOT because of Matt O' Hanlon.

Good God you're dumb. Selectively scapegoat much?

1. It was Matt O' Hanlon who chased down the Va Tech WR after the CB (Blue) mistakenly let the WR go because the CB thought he was playing zone.

2. Our defense had no less than 5 chances to win the game against the Hokies after Blue's huge coverage gaffe.

To blame O'Hanlon for the loss to Va Tech in Blacksburg demonstrates a disturbingly stupid lack of football knowledge and comprehension of what actually occurred in the game.

Go back and rewatch the last three minutes. Nebraska lost that game but it was NOT because of Matt O' Hanlon.

And I'm not sorry because I'm fully intending to be every bit the d*** I'm coming across as in my post here.

It just chaps my ass to no end when I read a post from someone whose basic ignorance of the facts is so far askew that they make Mark May and Lou Holtz seem like intellignet commentators.

Watch the freaking game, recognize what actually happened in reality...AND THEN TRY TO MAKE A SEMI INTELLIGENT COMMENT.

Really, at this point, with all the extra help and shoring-up of the Offensive Line coaching we have done over the past few seasons...if they were still not getting it together, we'd need be thinking about a lot more than firing Barney.

What in the world is all this "extra help" & "shoring-up the Oline coaching" you're talking about zoogies?

Barney's just finally getting what Uncle Milt always had......another coach for the FIVE positions he's responsible for. Btw, ever heard of a guy named Dan Young?

And no zoogies, don't give me this BS about Stai. He's not even allowed to coach at the practices. You might as well say you or me is the big difference.

This thread is just flat-out amazing.

We play a BCS team on the road, score 30 points yet lose the game. So of course, most of the posters blame the offense.

Wow.

no one is blaming the offense. all we are saying is that the offense could have won it for us. you know, like how in 2009 the defense won some games for us, or could have won it for us against va. tech.

there are 0 similarities between this years offense and the 2009 offense. NONE. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

100% correct.

Ha!

So, if our defense didn't pitch a shut-out for every game then the loss wasn't due to the offense. Makes sense to me. chuckleshuffle

But spin it anyway you want, zoogies. However, the reality is that our 2009 offense was horrible beyond belief. That's all.

Regardless of how early in the season it is, just cleaning up all of the false starts and other stupid penalties from prior years is major improvement in my book. Christ, we had so many drive-killing, self-inflicted wounds last year that it'd drive an Amish to drink. As much as I like to gripe when things aren't going well, I'm not going to bag on the OL. They've made gains, and "good job" to whatever coach or coaches that are responsible, regardless of their name.

Ha!

So, if our defense didn't pitch a shut-out for every game then the loss wasn't due to the offense. Makes sense to me. chuckleshuffle

But spin it anyway you want, zoogies. However, the reality is that our 2009 offense was horrible beyond belief. That's all.

If we're in position to win the game and the defense allows a 60-yard completion that leads to a score, yeah, that's a little bit on the defense. If we're neck-and-neck and all the offense does is punt for an entire half of pathetic output, then yeah, that's a little bit on the offense.

It's a team sport man. It's not spin. It's just common sense.

Really, at this point, with all the extra help and shoring-up of the Offensive Line coaching we have done over the past few seasons...if they were still not getting it together, we'd need be thinking about a lot more than firing Barney.

What in the world is all this "extra help" & "shoring-up the Oline coaching" you're talking about zoogies?

Milt, etc, etc. At this point you are denying the reality of the situation, I think.

Watch...tschu won't get warned or banned for his blatant stupidity but I will for calling him on it.

Yes, you'll get warned. Posters will not get banned for making arguments or posts that are incorrect, but what is not allowed are personal attacks. Correct the post without getting angry at the poster, please.

Our offense scored 5 field goals. We punted on 4th AND GOAL. I think you're being really nitty while missing the point of my post - we dominated that game but I put the loss on the offense for being completely unable to score in the red zone all afternoon.