Offensive Line

OL has played well and been pretty consistent also.

But I predict the Cotton bashing will resume after the next loss - regardless of how the OL plays.

It has improved because Beck has taken over the OL from Barney since two weeks before the season started. That's why Jackson is playing center, Barney had him behind his college roommates son before he lost his responsibilities.

Yet another well informed post by AF. :leghump:

I know you won't do it, but can you provide some actual facts about this. (not your made up BS).

The line has played well so far this year, much better than I thought it would.

And just as important, have relatively stayed healthy!

Indeed. The line could use some depth. Losing Klatchko and Moore might bite NU in the ass as the season progresses.

Klatchko wasn't doing anything before he had to go. He'd be riding pine. We could sure use Moore though..

Jackson has been a pleasant surprise. Figured if he could hold his own this line would be good.

The line has played well so far this year, much better than I thought it would.

And just as important, have relatively stayed healthy!

Indeed. The line could use some depth. Losing Klatchko and Moore might bite NU in the ass as the season progresses.

Klatchko wasn't doing anything before he had to go. He'd be riding pine. We could sure use Moore though..

Jackson has been a pleasant surprise. Figured if he could hold his own this line would be good.

Moore was 3rd string.

OL has played well and been pretty consistent also.

But I predict the Cotton bashing will resume after the next loss - regardless of how the OL plays.

It has improved because Beck has taken over the OL from Barney since two weeks before the season started. That's why Jackson is playing center, Barney had him behind his college roommates son before he lost his responsibilities.

So, beck is OC, QB coach, and OL coach?

[citation needed]

No, they didn't. The D did get blasted by UCLA on the same thing multiple times to great effect. However, outside of the comical 15-missed-tackles play in the 2nd half, they did a great job of doing a 180 and reigning in the UCLA attack. They never gave up at any point in the game and made key stops to allow us to match the Bruins score-for-score.

Which we sorta nearly did, or were doing, before our offense went into the tank. It was plain as day the playcalling errors our offense engaged in during the second half of that game. Our toss sweep game has been one of our biggest assets this season, and we didn't make use of it nearly as much as we could have. And Beck flat out panicked early on with plenty of time - nearly half the fourth quarter to go - going to an 'air it out every down' mentality as if we were down 4 with 60 seconds to go.

That lost us the game, and I might add, spoon-fed UCLA the last touchdown by handing the Bruins the ball with an already near-insurmountable lead, near the goal line.

No, they didn't. The D did get blasted by UCLA on the same thing multiple times to great effect. However, outside of the comical 15-missed-tackles play in the 2nd half, they did a great job of doing a 180 and reigning in the UCLA attack. They never gave up at any point in the game and made key stops to allow us to match the Bruins score-for-score.

Which we sorta nearly did, or were doing, before our offense went into the tank. It was plain as day the playcalling errors our offense engaged in during the second half of that game. Our toss sweep game has been one of our biggest assets this season, and we didn't make use of it nearly as much as we could have. And Beck flat out panicked early on with plenty of time - nearly half the fourth quarter to go - going to an 'air it out every down' mentality as if we were down 4 with 60 seconds to go.

That lost us the game, and I might add, spoon-fed UCLA the last touchdown by handing the Bruins the ball with an already near-insurmountable lead, near the goal line.

Something struck me with your post.

You claim the defense was playing well at UCLA and our offense was matching them score for score.

Those two statements don't go well together. If the defense is playing well, the offense doesn't have to match them score for score.

When was the last time a running back gashed us for over 200 yards rushing? Yeah, I thought so. Don't tell me the defense didn't lose it for us.

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you that the defense didn't lose it for us.

At halftime, this was a tie game. Both teams had equal opportunity to win the game in the second half.

Second Half Statistics

UCLA: 12 points, 280 yards. The TD was scored on a 16-yard drive after an interception.

Nebraska: 6 points, 106 yards

At best, both sides of the ball did not hold up their end of the bargain. The defense held UCLA to two 3-and-outs in the second half with a 4th down turnover-on-downs in between them, followed by Punt, Missed FG, Punt. The offense had three drives lasting longer than three plays in the second half, out of 9 opportunities.

When was the last time a running back gashed us for over 200 yards rushing? Yeah, I thought so. Don't tell me the defense didn't lose it for us.

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you that the defense didn't lose it for us.

At halftime, this was a tie game. Both teams had equal opportunity to win the game in the second half.

Second Half Statistics

UCLA: 12 points, 280 yards. The TD was scored on a 16-yard drive after an interception.

Nebraska: 6 points, 106 yards

At best, both sides of the ball did not hold up their end of the bargain. The defense held UCLA to two 3-and-outs in the second half with a 4th down turnover-on-downs in between them, followed by Punt, Missed FG, Punt. The offense had three drives lasting longer than three plays in the second half, out of 9 opportunities.

And you'll still be the only one in the world arguing this point.

i have made that exact same argument (admittedly not as articulate, but the same point) in this very thread.