Recruiting Updates

A couple names you might see in the near future (2013) were in town for visits.

Melanie Keil a 6'1" Middle from Germany. (2013 commit) I honestly have no info on her....and I can't read the German websites. derp

Justine Wong-Orantes 5'7" Setter from Cali. (down to us and Hawaii) My guess she heads to the islands, but we have a 50/50 shot at her. She plays on a decent team in CA.

• Fire 1

Melanie Keil is not as well known as the other players in the large group of recruits that are expected to join the Nebraska volleyball team next season.

Kadie and Amber Rolfzen committed to Nebraska the summer before their freshman year at Papillion-La Vista South High School. They were the youngest players ever to commit to the program.

Their high school teammate, Kelly Hunter, is also headed to Nebraska.

Kira Larson is an exceptional athlete from Fargo, N.D., who plans to play for NU...

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/nu-s-large-volleyball-recruiting-class-includes-german-player/article_e33854c0-264c-5f58-a782-df0ad24dbb73.html

• Fire 1

Thanks for these updates, GM_Tood. I wish there was a FREE high school volleyball recruiting site to keep up with the latest news. It'd be cool to create volleyball profiles the same way we do with football and basketball. In my limited search on the matter, it appears that prepvolleyball.com is a popular paid site with in-depth high school volleyball recruiting info. MaxPreps.com is another decent site, but it doesn't cover recruiting.

Speaking of MaxPreps, Papio-Lavista South volleyball team is currently ranked #2 in the nation. I remember when ESPN ranked them #1 in last years final national poll.

The 'best' free site to keep up with college vb and some recruiting would be Volley Talk. http://volleytalk.proboards.com

We have some really knowledgeable folks there...including current and former players/coaches that offer some really good insight to the game and recruiting. There are some really solid posts that link to $ sites that are a bummer for those not forking over the cash.

Give it a shot, even just to lurk. I will forewarn you though that Nebraska and, more so, Coach Cook are not favorites there.

About the maxprep HS rankings...Papio South would beat #1 Bishop Moore..IMO. The tallest player they have on the court is 6'...though they do run a somewhat unorthodox style...no MH and no Libero.

The 'best' free site to keep up with college vb and some recruiting would be Volley Talk. http://volleytalk.proboards.com

We have some really knowledgeable folks there...including current and former players/coaches that offer some really good insight to the game and recruiting. There are some really solid posts that link to $ sites that are a bummer for those not forking over the cash.

Give it a shot, even just to lurk. I will forewarn you though that Nebraska and, more so, Coach Cook are not favorites there.

About the maxprep HS rankings...Papio South would beat #1 Bishop Moore..IMO. The tallest player they have on the court is 6'...though they do run a somewhat unorthodox style...no MH and no Libero.

Thanks for the link. I think you've posted it elsewhere before? I recall visiting that site awhile back (during 2011 season) as a lurker. I'm not interested enough to actually register there though, but upon your suggestion, I'll probably add it to my bookmarks and lurk more often. Thanks again. :thumbs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...