Answer me this......

C N Red

Why did we stray from the blitzing attacking defense we had in the 1st quarter. We were stonewalling them and then we totally changed our scheme for the rest of our game. Im dumbfounded.

I really think our defensive schemes are too complicated for college. This isnt the pros where its their jobs to learn complex things about defense. They have school and classes and are trying to live the college life. Cant we simplify things to make it easier to learn? Our first quarter was simple. Play man on the outside and and put pressure on them with stunts and blitzes. What was wrong with that gameplan that we went away from it????

If we want to be a TOP team then when you score 38 points you absolutely cannot lose a game, period!! Completely heartbreaking! Where is my blackshirt defense??

Why did we stray from the blitzing attacking defense we had in the 1st quarter. We were stonewalling them and then we totally changed our scheme for the rest of our game. Im dumbfounded.

I really think our defensive schemes are too complicated for college. This isnt the pros where its their jobs to learn complex things about defense. They have school and classes and are trying to live the college life. Cant we simplify things to make it easier to learn? Our first quarter was simple. Play man on the outside and and put pressure on them with stunts and blitzes. What was wrong with that gameplan that we went away from it????

If we want to be a TOP team then when you score 38 points you absolutely cannot lose a game, period!! Completely heartbreaking! Where is my blackshirt defense??

The bolded part of your post has been brought up in the past but it does raise an interesting question. A former Alabama player who now plays in the NFL (his name escapes me at the moment) said that learning Nick Saban's defensive scheme was tougher than learning the current scheme he's running in the NFL. We can draw our own conclusions why Saban's defenses have consistent success, year in, year out.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to watch Will Muschamp with Florida. He's already earned a signature win against a Top 5 team in his 2nd year and his defense was awfully salty in that win too. I'm guessing his defensive scheme is just as complex to learn as Pelini and Saban's? The obvious advantage Muschamp and Saban have over Pelini is access to quality athletes since they reside in recruiting hotbeds.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Alabama's defense is a thing of beauty to watch.

• Fire 1