Looking at picking up a tablet. Went to best buy and they showed me the ipad and the samsung galaxy note 10.1. I did some research and I'm not really sure on what I want. I do have an iphone4. Thinking of switching over to a samsung phone, but not really sure of the specifics of the differences. I like the iphone because it is pretty straight forward. Any thoughts, tips, anybody have either and have a suggestion. I'm open to anything at this point. Thanks.

Looking at picking up a tablet. Went to best buy and they showed me the ipad and the samsung galaxy note 10.1. I did some research and I'm not really sure on what I want. I do have an iphone4. Thinking of switching over to a samsung phone, but not really sure of the specifics of the differences. I like the iphone because it is pretty straight forward. Any thoughts, tips, anybody have either and have a suggestion. I'm open to anything at this point. Thanks.

well iphone 5 is bullsh#t, so if you plan to upgrade your phone i would get the galaxy III, soon enough android will even out the market a bit with apple because their product is still the same thing new year, i do have the 4s and absolutely love it, also on my Macbook air now, so i do like apple, but the 5 was a disappointment to lots of people, especially picture quality, there is a purple glare on any shot facing the direction of light. As far as tablets your sales associate pointed out the best two, and most expensive. I have the kindle fire because i bought an out of box model and got it for $180...i love it, amazon did a pretty good job, only a 7" screen but it does good on games, internet, and music, and that's all about what i need. i don't do business or need to type papers and stuff on a pad, i don't understand why i see college kids buying pads to use as "laptops" for college...sure it's capable to do most everything a laptop can, but it's a pain in the ass to type a huge paper on. and its much quicker with a keyboard to search, navigate, and type.

original.jpg

625x442.jpg

but don't worry, Apple says the consumers just aren't holding the phone correctly, or holding at a bad angle) RIGHTTTTTTTTTTT

• Fire 1

If you like the simplicity of the apple operating systems I would stick with the iPad. Keep in mind that they are releasing a medium sized iPad later this year, If you are looking at something with the screen size of a kindle.

Lyons is dead on here. Plus, if you already have apps purchased for your iPhone 4, many of them come with the iPad versions gratis (or vice versa), whereas if you purchase an Android tablet, you're certain to purchase all of your apps over again. Granted, I don't know how many apps you have, so this may just be a $5-10 issue, or this could be a $50-100 issue, depending on how much you used your iPhone 4.

As for iPhone 5 problems, most of the smartphones, regardless of manufacturer, have some sort of bugaboo or glitch in their first batch or two--not just Apple--that's why it's always prudent to wait a bit until they work out the kinks in manufacturing. It's kind of myopic to try and throw Apple under the bus when it's no secret that unless companies are willing to spend more money on QA before the units leave China, defects in first run units and using the public as beta testers is unfortunately the new normal. :-|

As for the iPad Mini, we should hear something this next week, IIRC, from Apple's press conference. I don't know where they'll come in with that price point, though--they kind of painted themselves into a corner with the current iPod Touch price points, unless those are going to drop soon.

Finally, if you do look at getting an iPad, if you know someone in education, a non-profit, or have a MicroCenter nearby, you can get 10% off the price.

It's awesome, because the apple diehards who have to have every product will have a largepad, mediumpad, and smallpad(iphone5). Which one will you use today? Personally, I am pretty pumped about the surface tablets that microsoft is coming out with. Those things are going to be beast.

Just say no to Microsoft and Windows 8. Those things are bad, bad news to the PC platform.

It's awesome, because the apple diehards who have to have every product will have a largepad, mediumpad, and smallpad(iphone5). Which one will you use today? Personally, I am pretty pumped about the surface tablets that microsoft is coming out with. Those things are going to be beast.

Just say no to Microsoft and Windows 8. Those things are bad, bad news to the PC platform.

Based on what? From the preliminary look the surface tablets are going to 5 times what the iPad is. And they have a usb port, who would have thought about introducing such groundbreaking technology!?

If that succeeds you may see the end of the open PC platform and Microsoft become just like apple. A closed system. Windows 8 is bad news. Most OEMs and software devs not working for Microsoft see it as a disaster.

Does microsoft really have a choice? They have to start bringing out innovative products and software to compete with apple, otherwise they'll be shoved in a corner. Apple is swooping up all of the new consumers, which wasn't the case 10 years, ago. It is shifting dramatically. Microsoft will control the corporate world for awhile, I believe.