I hope this is just coach speak, interview with Bo.

In general I do feel as much as OSU outschemed us, it doesn't necessarily mean we have a scheme problem. Every game is an X's and O's battle, a chess match back and forth between the two coaching staffs. That's something where no matter what, you win some and you lose some. I wouldn't hold it against the scheme itself for losing to OSU, because Urban probably runs one of the sharpest spread run attacks in the game, and he's got Braxton at the helm of it.

I'd be glad to go along with this if, say, we'd lost 49-38 instead of 63-38. And if we'd have beaten UCLA. But instead we gave up all kinds of records to both of these offenses. Braxton is great, but Ohio State's offense as a whole is not. UCLA is average. These weren't just cases of losing chess matches, but completely falling apart and having no answer whatsoever. We don't have great talent but we have enough to hold these types of teams to under 400 yards. For that type of meltdown to happen twice in a half season is a significant coaching problem.

• Fire 1