Obamacare : Does it allow microchipping people?

Saw this topic mentioned on facebook.. I am fairly certain most if not all will call this flat out lunacy. Personally, I wouldn't be anything past our government but I don't believe it. Though it does look like it is in the bill.

http://en.wikisource...le_V/Subtitle_C

``National Medical Device Registry

``(g) (1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that— ``(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and ``(B) is— ``(i) a class III device; or ``(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining. ``(2) In developing the registry, the Secretary shall, in consultation with the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, the Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the head of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, determine the best methods for— ``(A) including in the registry, in a manner consistent with subsection (f), appropriate information to identify each device described in paragraph (1) by type, model, and serial number or other unique identifier; ``(B) validating methods for analyzing patient safety and outcomes data from multiple sources and for linking such data with the information included in the registry as described in subparagraph (A), including, to the extent feasible, use of— ``(i) data provided to the Secretary under other provisions of this chapter; and ``(ii) information from public and private sources identified under paragraph (3); ``© integrating the activities described in this subsection with— ``(i) activities under paragraph (3) of section 505(k) (relating to active postmarket risk identification); ``(ii) activities under paragraph (4) of section 505(k) (relating to advanced analysis of drug safety data); and ``(iii) other postmarket device surveillance activities of the Secretary authorized by this chapter; and ``(D) providing public access to the data and analysis collected or developed through the registry in a manner and form that protects patient privacy and proprietary information and is comprehensive, useful, and not misleading to patients, physicians, and scientists.

http://patriotaction...idden-secret-in

And now we come to it. On Sunday March 21, 2010 the Senate Healthcare bill HR3200 was passed and signed into law the following Tuesday. Like I said before, there are a legion of horrible and just plain evil aspects to this bill and I’m sure you’ve heard a lot them by now. I don’t want to discount them but what cannot be missed here is this new law now opens a prophetic door on a magnitude not seen since the reformation of Israel.

This new law requires an RFID chip implanted in all of us. This chip will not only contain your personal information with tracking capability but it will also be linked to your bank account. And get this, Page 1004 of the new law (dictating the timing of this chip), reads, and I quote: "Not later than 36 months after the date of the enactment". It is now the law of the land that by March 23rd 2013 we will all be required to have an RFID chip underneath our skin and this chip will be link to our bank accounts as well as have our personal records and tracking capability built into it.

We will see if this is all crazy soon enough.

It ended up being in Bill HR 3962 not HR 3200

IT IS A HOAX

Debunked: Obamacare RFID Chip Implant Law Hoax

There's a hoax going around that the health care reform act HR3200 (The Affordable Care Act, aka "Obamacare") requires everyone to get a chip implanted in their body.

This has already been quite well debunked over on Snopes:

The bottom line is:
  • The proposed law did not require anyone to get anything implanted

• It just created a national registry of a huge of range of medical devices from pacemakers to dental implants

• The intent of the registry was to collect statistics on how safe and effective the devices are

• HR3200 is not the bill that passed. That's
    , which does not have the registry.

An implantable RFID chip is simply one example of a class II implantable medical device. Others include:

quote_icon.png

Content from external source:

• percutaneous catheters

• vascular graft prostheses

• bone-conduction hearing aids

• tympanostomy tubes

• gastrointestinal tubes

• implantable staples

• long-term intravascular catheters

• intracranial pressure monitor devices

• peripheral nerve stimulators for pain relief

• eye sphere implants

• intramedullary fixation rods

• joint prostheses

Here's the original bill (which did not ever become law):

And here's what it says:

SEC. 2521. NATIONAL MEDICAL DEVICE REGISTRY.

[...]

‘‘(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—
‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and

‘‘(B) is—
‘‘(i) a class III device; or
‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining

There's a little more about administrative things, but the above is the entirety of what the conspiracy promoters base their theory on. They get away with it in part because the language of the bill is rather complex and difficult to read, so they can basically make up whatever interpretation they like, and many of their readers will be fooled.

They then build upon this by claiming that a Class II device is a

"implantable radiofrequency transponder system for patient identification and health information."
When actually the three classes of medical devices have nothing to do with what the devices are, but are to do with how much they are regulated to ensure safety. For example:

Class III devices are usually those that support or sustain human life, are of substantial importance in preventing impairment of human health, or which present a potential, unreasonable risk of illness or injury.
Examples of Class III devices which currently require a premarket notification include implantable pacemaker, pulse generators, HIV diagnostic tests, automated external defibrillators, and endosseous implants.

Devices in Class II are held to a higher level of assurance than Class I devices, and are designed to perform as indicated without causing injury or harm to patient or user. Examples of Class II devices include powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, and surgical drapes.

Most Class I devices are exempt from the premarket notification and/or good manufacturing practices regulation.
Examples of Class I devices include elastic bandages, examination gloves, and hand-held surgical instruments.

So the law simply creates a registry for this HUGE range of different medical devices.

Implantable RFID chips would be covered under the law, but that's simply because they are one of thousands of devices that are classified as Type III or Type II implantable.

It's not a law, and even if it was, it no more mandates you get a chip implanted than it mandates you get a hip replacement.

IT IS A HOAX

Debunked: Obamacare RFID Chip Implant Law Hoax

There's a hoax going around that the health care reform act HR3200 (The Affordable Care Act, aka "Obamacare") requires everyone to get a chip implanted in their body.

This has already been quite well debunked over on Snopes:

The bottom line is:
  • The proposed law did not require anyone to get anything implanted

• It just created a national registry of a huge of range of medical devices from pacemakers to dental implants

• The intent of the registry was to collect statistics on how safe and effective the devices are

• HR3200 is not the bill that passed. That's
    , which does not have the registry.

An implantable RFID chip is simply one example of a class II implantable medical device. Others include:

quote_icon.png

Content from external source:

• percutaneous catheters

• vascular graft prostheses

• bone-conduction hearing aids

• tympanostomy tubes

• gastrointestinal tubes

• implantable staples

• long-term intravascular catheters

• intracranial pressure monitor devices

• peripheral nerve stimulators for pain relief

• eye sphere implants

• intramedullary fixation rods

• joint prostheses

Here's the original bill (which did not ever become law):

And here's what it says:

SEC. 2521. NATIONAL MEDICAL DEVICE REGISTRY.

[...]

‘‘(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—
‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and

‘‘(B) is—
‘‘(i) a class III device; or
‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining

There's a little more about administrative things, but the above is the entirety of what the conspiracy promoters base their theory on. They get away with it in part because the language of the bill is rather complex and difficult to read, so they can basically make up whatever interpretation they like, and many of their readers will be fooled.

They then build upon this by claiming that a Class II device is a

"implantable radiofrequency transponder system for patient identification and health information."
When actually the three classes of medical devices have nothing to do with what the devices are, but are to do with how much they are regulated to ensure safety. For example:

Class III devices are usually those that support or sustain human life, are of substantial importance in preventing impairment of human health, or which present a potential, unreasonable risk of illness or injury.
Examples of Class III devices which currently require a premarket notification include implantable pacemaker, pulse generators, HIV diagnostic tests, automated external defibrillators, and endosseous implants.

Devices in Class II are held to a higher level of assurance than Class I devices, and are designed to perform as indicated without causing injury or harm to patient or user. Examples of Class II devices include powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, and surgical drapes.

Most Class I devices are exempt from the premarket notification and/or good manufacturing practices regulation.
Examples of Class I devices include elastic bandages, examination gloves, and hand-held surgical instruments.

So the law simply creates a registry for this HUGE range of different medical devices.

Implantable RFID chips would be covered under the law, but that's simply because they are one of thousands of devices that are classified as Type III or Type II implantable.

It's not a law, and even if it was, it no more mandates you get a chip implanted than it mandates you get a hip replacement.

Ok, HR3200 does not have it in there.. BUT HR3962 does have this stuff in it.. Now class II or class III would be the determining facts.

Which part of section 2571 says you will HAVE TO HAVE a microchip put in your body? Nothing in there says that. Point out the exact line(s) please.

go to 12:45 in the audio stream.. What type of device do you think they are talking about?

it mentions an electronic device.

The first audio stream is about sec 2571