al smith dinner

This is a perfect example of why the US is the greatest country in the world. Not many places in the world could two candidates for leader of a country get together a couple weeks before their election and have fun.

I loved it and thought both were pretty funny. But, most of all, it actually made me proud to be American.

Sorry for the (probable) over glamorization of the event. But, that was what was going through my head when listening to the highlights this morning.

This is a perfect example of why the US is the greatest country in the world. Not many places in the world could two candidates for leader of a country get together a couple weeks before their election and have fun.

I loved it and thought both were pretty funny. But, most of all, it actually made me proud to be American.

Sorry for the (probable) over glamorization of the event. But, that was what was going through my head when listening to the highlights this morning.

not at all. it is pretty impressive. and it is all too easy to paint political opponents as just that, opponents. reasonably minds can differ and it is pretty awesome that they can put their differences aside for a night and demonstrate that they are just a couple of americans just trying to do what they think is best for america.