Party Affiliation and Employment

Has me pegged correctly also. Interesting that one side can easily be characterized as creators and doers. At the risk of offending many other hardworking people, it could be said the other side is more of a service type industry making their living off of others, more so than creating. I'm not saying we don't need those things but I've never seen it quite so clearly divided along career and party lines.

Has me pegged correctly also. Interesting that one side can easily be characterized as creators and doers. At the risk of offending many other hardworking people, it could be said the other side is more of a service type industry making their living off of others, more so than creating. I'm not saying we don't need those things but I've never seen it quite so clearly divided along career and party lines.

You could spin it that way but if you examine it based on levels of education and intelligence an entirely different perspective comes to light. These divisions are fascinating but I don't believe there is anything to be gained by drawing larger conclusions from these generalities.

At the risk of offending many other hardworking people, it could be said the other side is more of a service type industry making their living off of others, more so than creating.

You could spin it that way but if you examine it based on levels of education and intelligence an entirely different perspective comes to light.

Democrats = moochers?

Republicans = stupid?

The closer I examine this the more tempted I am to call bullsh#t on it.

I can buy that the construction trade is 1.5 times more republican than democrat. i.e. for every 25 employees in that industry, 15 would be Romney supporters and 10 Obama supporters. But, the 2 I am having trouble swallowing are education at about 1.3 and arts & entertainment at about 1.2. It seems to me that teachers and education generally leans a lot more towards Obama and the dems. At least it appears more so than 13 to 10. And Hollywood? I can come up with less than ten famous people who are conservative or republican while the list seems virtually endless for liberal and democrat. I realize that catagory covers much more than movie stars but can 12 to 10 really be accurate?

The closer I examine this the more tempted I am to call bullsh#t on it.

I can buy that the construction trade is 1.5 times more republican than democrat. i.e. for every 25 employees in that industry, 15 would be Romney supporters and 10 Obama supporters. But, the 2 I am having trouble swallowing are education at about 1.3 and arts & entertainment at about 1.2. It seems to me that teachers and education generally leans a lot more towards Obama and the dems. At least it appears more so than 13 to 10. And Hollywood? I can come up with less than ten famous people who are conservative or republican while the list seems virtually endless for liberal and democrat. I realize that catagory covers much more than movie stars but can 12 to 10 really be accurate?

Or perhaps all the teachers in the world aren't actually all democrats trying to indoctrinate the young people like the republicans claim...

They surveyed 12,000 people, but we don't know from what areas. I'm sure there are a lot more republican leaning teachers here in Nebraska than there would be in say, California. So if they surveyed more people in Nebraska, the numbers might be different; heck, that industry might be on the red side instead of the blue side.

All this survey tells us is the political orientation of a certain small group of people. 12,000 people won't really paint an accurate picture of the entire country.

But it's cheaper ;)

They surveyed 12,000 people, but we don't know from what areas. I'm sure there are a lot more republican leaning teachers here in Nebraska than there would be in say, California. So if they surveyed more people in Nebraska, the numbers might be different; heck, that industry might be on the red side instead of the blue side.

All this survey tells us is the political orientation of a certain small group of people. 12,000 people won't really paint an accurate picture of the entire country.

But it's cheaper ;)

There are ways of dealing with this issue, you know.