First time visitor to Nebraska

aggies

Yeah Phat Jacks is legit. As far as I know famous Dave's does smoke thier own meat, me and my dad talked to the manager one night when they had first come to town and he showed us the huge smokers they have in the kitchen. They have good food I think but I'd rather have home made...

Better get there early if you want the burnt ends, they go quick.

you know it's decent bbq when they run out of things. also, if you don't see/smell smoke, it isn't bbq. there's a few joints around here where you drive in from the back. no wood stacked up, no smoker...no idea where the bbq came from. not sure if famous dave's smokes the meat there or not. there are some exceptions like Jack Stack BBQ here in KC that use natural gas - but there is still wood stacked outside because I think they start w/ a smoke, then finish with gas. best beans in KC. Pretty solid brisket. Best KC BBQ is Oklahoma Joes. Lawrence has Biggs BBQ - my favorite sauce and some pretty good pulled pork.

The baked beans at jack stack are amazing.

Better get there early if you want the burnt ends, they go quick.

you know it's decent bbq when they run out of things. also, if you don't see/smell smoke, it isn't bbq. there's a few joints around here where you drive in from the back. no wood stacked up, no smoker...no idea where the bbq came from. not sure if famous dave's smokes the meat there or not. there are some exceptions like Jack Stack BBQ here in KC that use natural gas - but there is still wood stacked outside because I think they start w/ a smoke, then finish with gas. best beans in KC. Pretty solid brisket. Best KC BBQ is Oklahoma Joes. Lawrence has Biggs BBQ - my favorite sauce and some pretty good pulled pork.

The baked beans at jack stack are amazing.

I work a couple blocks from one. Going to be a cold walk, but I've got to get my BBQ fix now. Off to lunch.