Pederson

Benard

these Bernard and FormerFan characters are a trip .... do they post here often?

Not sure, but since you are so smart, maybe you can check the post counts :thumbs

"i predicted 5,6,7 .... (do bowls count???) no 8 .... oh, they all suck .... how is 8 better than 5?"

Since this is not something that I have said, I will consider it a shot at another memeber. "How is 8 better than 5", probably in the same way that 10 was NOT better than 7. Its called puds math :dumdum

but the true agenda driven SP/BC haters are giving it their best to put a negative spin on this win .... that takes more than courage and dedication, it takes blind faith in their own stupidity .... you have to admire conviction like that :)

If you want to talk blind faith in your own stupidity, how about having blind faith in a coach who has won about 50% of his games, who has dismantled two different teams in back to back years, whos last team had gotten progressively worse week by week (until last). Stupidity is believing that somehow this guy will bring NU back to the top because his has had a highly rated recruiting class or two.

oh, and working the "i hate SP, but i can't tell you the exact reasons other than .... well, i'll get back to you" angle in is a nice touch too ....

I have exact reasons, as most will tell you, just wont get into them here.

Here's a tip: before you come around here and talk about other people's supposed "blind faith in your own stupidity" you had better get all your ducks in a row, otherwise it will prove YOUR stupidity.

If you want to talk blind faith in your own stupidity, how about having blind faith in a coach who has won about 50% of his games, who has dismantled two different teams in back to back years, whos last team had gotten progressively worse week by week (until last).

Using your logic, would you say Bill Belichick has lost the Patriots? Won the Super Bowl last year, and if he wasn't in a terrible division he wouldn't be heading back to the playoffs this year. Appears the road he's headed is the same as Callahan's with the Raiders, huh?

If you want to talk blind faith in your own stupidity, how about having blind faith in a coach who has won about 50% of his games, who has dismantled two different teams in back to back years, whos last team had gotten progressively worse week by week (until last).

Using your logic, would you say Bill Belichick has lost the Patriots? Won the Super Bowl last year, and if he wasn't in a terrible division he wouldn't be heading back to the playoffs this year. Appears the road he's headed is the same as Callahan's with the Raiders, huh?

Big difference: Belichick has won 3 Superbowls. Thats right, he WON 3 of them. He didnt destroy 2 different teams in 2 years (back to back ), and caused mutiny on both.

He's a good coach, maybe a great coach. Im trying to figure out the connection youre trying to make between he and billy c. If you havent noticed, the Pats have changed tremendously from their first SB to this year. They have lost tons of players, and (I know how unimportant coaching is, I mean, all you have to do is put the best players on the field and viola' you have a champion :sarcasm ) but he did lose both coordinators this year. Lots of change to deal with there. He has a track record of success, billy c, well not so much.

Big difference: Belichick has won 3 Superbowls. Thats right, he WON 3 of them. He didnt destroy 2 different teams in 2 years (back to back ), and caused mutiny on both.

So I suppose Andy Reid is to blame for the misery going on in Philly right now? Your logic is plain stupid pal, referring to BC's days in Oakland and him losing his team? They were plagued with cancerous players and injuries to key personnel just like the Eagles are this year. It's no more Andy Reid's fault than it was Callahan's.

My whole thing is to hold people to the same standard. Frank was fired for a 10 (or 9) win season because it wasn't all about wins and losses. It was about how the team performed and the direction of the program. Well, if that's the truth, let's stick to it. Yes, we won more game this year than last year. And if wins are all that matters, then good, we're improving. But apparently, wins are not all that matters, it's how the team performed. Up until the Colorado game, except for stretches of some games, we have looked really bad all year. If that game was the start of something big and finally turning it around, then great. But I'm not sold yet. As I said in another thread, the bowl game will show a lot.

I still think it's ridiculous we couldn't win the north the past two years with how weak it was. Yes we have more wins than last year. But are we that much improved? We'll see.

People love to point to Belichick as the model for a tremendous coach, and I won't disagree. Most people forget however that he started his career as a head coach with the Cleveland Browns. His record there went like this:

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

Record his first 5 years as a head coach=36-44

His next HC job was a 5-11 year at NE after they went 8-8 the year before. This was done with one above average quarterback and an eventual stud behind him.

Even the great Belichick couldn't produce championships right away and possibly even regressed a year or two from where they were the year before. Coaching a football team at the major college or professional level is exceedingly complex, which is why IMO coaches need more than 1 or 2 years to be properly evaluated, likewise with an AD or GM on the professional level. I guess its fun to speculate since that's all we really have to do at the moment, but lets at least try to keep it all in perspective rather than picking isolated 'case studies' to validate our arguments.

There is not a coach at least not a good one with any time under his belt that would sign a 2 or 3 year contract to coach at a program like Nebraska or any other top Schools. They have to have time, at least 3 or 4 years to show which direction the program is going. Coach C. might be heading in the right direction, at least I hope he is, but its still to early to tell yet. Last game looked like he was starting to get his ideas instilled into this team. It was only one good complete in the last three and the run still needs some work.

GBR!!! :)