Pederson

Benard

Two years ago after Nebraska beat Colorado at Folsom Field for its ninth regular-season win, Steve Pederson stayed out of sight.

The Huskers repeated the feat Friday for victory No. 7. And this time, you couldn't miss the NU athletic director. He was beaming from ear to ear.

Friends and fans offered Pederson hugs and handshakes outside the Nebraska locker room. "This is the reason we did what we did," Pederson said.

One day after the 2003 NU victory in Boulder, Pederson fired coach Frank Solich.

The third-year athletic director could not disagree Friday with the assessment that coach Bill Callahan had just earned his biggest NU win.

"It was a very well-coached ballgame from beginning to end," Pederson said. "The kids looked special. It's what we've been saying along, that things will turn."

Pederson noted that Nebraska won its final two games of the regular season this year for the first time since 1999.

Man I can't stand this guy. Does he know we beat a team thats not rated an average? Was it a good win? Yes but you would of thought we just took down texas the way he is acting. 7 wins is about what I expected this year still 3 shy of what solich got fired for.

7 wins is about what I expected this year still 3 shy of what solich got fired for.

Solich didn't get fired for having a 9 win season. He had one before he got fired, but that's not the reason. You know that, or at least, I would hope you did.

For the record, yes, that qute is retarded. He could have said something better, but it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

***SNIP***

7 wins is about what I expected this year...

What? Let’s take a closer look at your “amazing” precognitive abilities.

On August 25, you predicted...5wins - LINK.

On September 5, you predicted...5 wins – LINK.

On September 14, you predicted...5 wins – LINK.

On October 5, you finally predicted 7 wins – LINK.

But by October 27, you had dropped that prediction to 6 wins - LINK.

Oh, yeah - you predicted 7 wins all along... :smokin

***SNIP***

OMG! bernard is like freakin' Crescan!

To all posters:

Benard and FF are Husker haters, unless you bring back mediocre players and Solich and have a winning season every year and NEVER win any kind of championship.

They will not listen to coaches' opinions about the absolute critical need to have changed this program. TO today would be running a spread/modified WCO offense or he'd be in jeopardy of being fired. Why did Paterno survive this last 5 years- by good recruiting and running a balanced offense- DUH!!?

If we have a better season next year and then lose the game for the Big 12 Chanpionship they will both say it is a disaster, because of BC. Stop giving them their jollies by responding to them.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

i wonder if they are married or if they even have significant others in their life. with all of the negativity they keep spewing how could anyone hang around them for very long. i wonder if they get the bitter beer face every time something good happens with this team?

i bet that when they saw the t-shirts that said "RESTORE THE ORDER" they thought that Bill Byrne came back as AD and fired BC and brought back Frank.

but i do reading some of their posts, everyone needs a good laugh from time to time

***SNIP***

I expected pitt to be better this year and either isu or cu to beat us or both. I'm glad everyone is so happy with 7 wins.

To all posters:

Benard and FF are Husker haters, unless you bring back mediocre players and Solich and have a winning season every year and NEVER win any kind of championship.

They will not listen to coaches' opinions about the absolute critical need to have changed this program. TO today would be running a spread/modified WCO offense or he'd be in jeopardy of being fired. Why did Paterno survive this last 5 years- by good recruiting and running a balanced offense- DUH!!?

If we have a better season next year and then lose the game for the Big 12 Chanpionship they will both say it is a disaster, because of BC. Stop giving them their jollies by responding to them.

I gurantee you osborne would be running his same old offense and would be doing well. Ask barry switzer his thoughts on this.

Well since Benard can't find anything to bitch about since we won he has to rely on Pederson bashing once again! YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN you get so tiresome Shestev.....Oooops I mean Benard!

BINGO....We have a winner. :clap:clap

It must really be sad to be someone that is constantly looking for something to bitch about, it must make for a fairly unfulfilling life.

did T.O. run the same offense all of the years as HC? No..he took over a run pass balanced offense and he continued to run that offense and slowly brought in the option offense once he got the players he wanted for his offense.

B.C. came in and total changed the system, now he did not go 9-3 in his first or 2nd yrs but this team is improving.

even Zateska thinks that BC needs 3-5 years to get things going, and he sees this team heading in the right direction.

***SNIP***

I expected pitt to be better this year and either isu or cu to beat us or both. I'm glad everyone is so happy with 7 wins.

And that has what to do with the fact that you claimed you "expected" 7 wins, but that your predictions clearly establish that you did not expect 7 wins? :wacko:

***SNIP***

And that has what to do with the fact that you claimed you "expected" 7 wins, but that your predictions clearly establish that you did not expect 7 wins? :wacko:

I said I expected about 7 wins this year. Anywhere from 5-7 is what I thought. Both stink.