1911 Springfield

I own a TRP with full light rail. Been problem free for 6+ years. Just normal cleaning. 1500+ rds through it. A co-worker of my son's has almost every model of Springfield 1911 other than a TRP. I hate it when he drools on it :D BRI has never drooled on my TRP setting the record straight

As far as different models; more of a checkbook kinda thing. Not a huge difference in quality.

My son swears by his Sig 220 Elite but it's also his duty weapon :)

1300 bout 6 years ago :) Looked in the blue plastic case (nasty)and found the price tag 1479. The sporting goods store where I bought it barely had time to tag it before I just happened to walk in.Gave me a discount because it didn't sit around long.

They're about the same now but most dont have the full light rail; which is kinda good thing. Most holsters don't like the full rail

I keep a tlr-2 on my rail unless I'm at the range with it. Red dot for where it's goin and the light to see their face

1911lite.jpg.jpg

Zombiez are not welcome in my house.

GBR

S.A. get real with the cases, my S&W R8 .357 came in a nice aluminum case :)now I use that case for both :D

Thanks for the feedback Rawhide. I am thinking about getting the the RO and making any upgrades later.

After talking to several 1911 owner's it sounds like you really can't go wrong with any of those three.

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your TRP?

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Springfield Range Officer--putting it in my own stocking for Christmas. A gun shop in my little town has one for sale for $739, NIB. I think that's a pretty decent price, isn't it?