Got my Tickets to San Antonio

So I bought my tickets to the Alamo Bowl today. I was looking at all of the projections, and it seems pretty likely that is where we are headed.

They were reasonably priced at $55 for lower level, and $12 for a parking pass.

If OU goes, I may still end up going to the game.

Any one else going....I would love to meet some of my fellow Huskerboard members.

I hope they pick us, no way can I go to the Holiday bowl.

:restore2

:thumbs

I just reserved my hotel suite for the 27-28. I am hoping that they get to go to San Antonio.

I haven't bought my tickets yet, but Monday am, I plan on being on the phone, ordering mine... Did you just go through the "Alamo bowl"?

I would appreciate the info... ;)

If we go, it would be great to have a Huskerboard get together on the riverwalk maybe the night before the game.... I would be interested in doing something like that.

I just reserved my hotel suite for the 27-28. I am hoping that they get to go to San Antonio.

I haven't bought my tickets yet, but Monday am, I plan on being on the phone, ordering mine... Did you just go through the "Alamo bowl"?

If we go, it would be great to have a Huskerboard get together on the riverwalk maybe the night before the game.... I would be interested in doing something like that.

I went to the Alamo Bowl website and bought my tikets.

Most of them were sold out already, and the ones available were in the corners.

I am hoping that Husker fans have bought up all the tickets in anticipation.

I am not going down until the day of the game, so night before is out.

Ohhh and why....I am crazy.....crazy about the Huskers. :thumbs

Thanks for the info. :restore2

I will probably have to scalp tickets there, or go to an online broker

Man, I hope we play Iowa !!!

We will rock San Antonio.

I have been to the Orange and Fiesta (2), and bowl trips are awesome.... Never been to San Antonio, so I am looking forward to it..

If we go to the Holiday Bowl, I'm pretty sure that I can't make it....C'mon Alamo

It's not crazy if you plan on going either way but for those who think NU is a a guranteed shoe in to the Alamo could be dissapointed this Sunday. SP has been in touch with Alamo and Holiday officials the last 48 hours and Holiday bowl reps are trying to find out if the Fiesta Reps are going to invite Oregon to Tempe. There's a BIG possibility that if UCLA upsets USC this weekend, so many teams are going to get shifted to bowls they don't want to go to.

I agree Nameless.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if NU goes to the Holiday Bowl.... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they still somehow match up with Oregon in the Holiday Bowl.... OU would prefer the Alamo, and I was listening to a talk show yesterday with the iowa play by play guy, and he said the Alamo would really like to have OU and Iowa.

Ferentz vs Stoops

Deals do get worked out, so NU may head to San Diego..

I just booked my room so I would have it.....doesn't cost a dime to cancel :)

I agree Nameless.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if NU goes to the Holiday Bowl.... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they still somehow match up with Oregon in the Holiday Bowl.... OU would prefer the Alamo, and I was listening to a talk show yesterday with the iowa play by play guy, and he said the Alamo would really like to have OU and Iowa.

Ferentz vs Stoops

Deals do get worked out, so NU may head to San Diego..

I just booked my room so I would have it.....doesn't cost a dime to cancel :)

Most are still predicting Oregon vs. Oklahoma in the Holiday. The Holiday has the 3rd pick out of the Big 12, and with Texas in the Rose and Tech in the Cotton....I don't see why the Holiday wouldn't pick OU to play Oregon.

If UCLA upsets then it is a different picture. Besides, the Alamo has expressed interest in OU, NU in the big 12 and Iowa and Mich. in the Big 10.

Alamo has the 4th pick out of the Big 12 and we travel very well to San Antonio...probably better the OU even.....given we have been there many times......remeber scoring 66 points on the HIGH powered Northwestern offense.... :horns2

Cool Ive got a place to crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like Boulder in 90. :cheers

There is a cirrection to the issue about UCLA beating USC tommarow. SHOULD UCLA beat USC, USC would still be headed to a BCS bowl game and thus Oregon would not even be a considered for a BCS at large bid.

I asked a USC fan tonight why USC would still get the BCS nod over UCLA, even though the 3 teams (USC, Oregon, UCLA) would all be 10-1. Since Oregon and UCLA did not play, they would go down the pecking order and since UCLA lost to Arizona and USC didn't, UCLA would not advance to a BCS game. USC would.

BCS rules prohibt 2 teams from being in BCS bowls UNLESS 1 of those teams was automatically in the BCS National title game, then another conference team would be allowed to be selected as an AT LARGE selection (as is the case right now with USC going to Rose, and Oregon being considered for the Fiesta).

Should UCLA beat USC, then USC would be headed to the Fiesta, UCLA would be an automatic shoe in to the Holiday and Oregon goes bye bye to a lower tier bowl.

Right now, if NU fans want to play UCLA, you have to root for USC to lose. The question is, do you want USC to lose and watch a Penn St/Texas National title game or do you want USC to win and see a pretty decent National Title game?

There is a cirrection to the issue about UCLA beating USC tommarow. SHOULD UCLA beat USC, USC would still be headed to a BCS bowl game and thus Oregon would not even be a considered for a BCS at large bid.

I asked a USC fan tonight why USC would still get the BCS nod over UCLA, even though the 3 teams (USC, Oregon, UCLA) would all be 10-1. Since Oregon and UCLA did not play, they would go down the pecking order and since UCLA lost to Arizona and USC didn't, UCLA would not advance to a BCS game. USC would.

BCS rules prohibt 2 teams from being in BCS bowls UNLESS 1 of those teams was automatically in the BCS National title game, then another conference team would be allowed to be selected as an AT LARGE selection (as is the case right now with USC going to Rose, and Oregon being considered for the Fiesta).

Should UCLA beat USC, then USC would be headed to the Fiesta, UCLA would be an automatic shoe in to the Holiday and Oregon goes bye bye to a lower tier bowl.

Right now, if NU fans want to play UCLA, you have to root for USC to lose. The question is, do you want USC to lose and watch a Penn St/Texas National title game or do you want USC to win and see a pretty decent National Title game?

Even if USC loses, they may end up being #2 in the BCS.....the press loves them, and so do the computers.

They could lose a close one and still be in the national championship game......does this sound familiar to anyone. Except for us it wasn't even close.