Steeler Rant

HANC

I know that there are a few Steeler fans on the board, along with many Steeler haters (envy..lol)....

but I needed an outlet for may rage !!!

I have been a life-long Steeler fan...for over 40 years... I have taken the great (Steal Curtain) with the Good (Kordell) and the bad (Bubby Brister)....... and everything in between. Love my Steelers.. Love my Rooney family, along with Chuck Knoll, Bill Cowher, and Mike Tomlin.........BUT

This isn't college football and yes, even after 1 season, heads need to roll !!! For the first time in many, many moons, the Rooney family screwed up a fire/hire. If it was Tomlin's call, then he is to blame. Explain why he / they would decide to fire Arians as OC after he took a DEPLETED offensive line (only 1 starter last couple of games last season), a DEPLETED backfield to the play-offs last season and then gets the axe....and then bring in the disaster named Todd Haley. He may have won a game or two (nothing that speaks of GREATNESS) and former players' didn't have a lot of good things to say about him !!!

All he has managed to do, is create a rif with the franchise QB (whom, really sucked under pressure the last 2 games...so he is to blame too)..... he had an injured, but not depleted OL this season, and at the end of the year, when push comes to shove, it was the best it has been..... maybe the most talented group of WR in the league and a deep backfield... especially at end of season...

AND LOSE TO ONE OF YOUR LONG TIME RIVALS AT HOME TO MISS THE PLAY-OFFS !!

The Steelers had the leagues number 1 ranked defense most of the season, and you are under .500 for goodness sake...Yes, they managed to win a game with the 3rd string QB, but the fact that your 2 backups are old and bad is another example of how the franchise mis-managed this year !!

Tomlin (and I am a fan) has some explaining to do. His job shouldn't be in trouble. He has earned the right for a mulligan or two....but his "brashness" which I like gets in the way of his head a lot. This team makes horrible decisions on 4th down calls ALL OF THE TIME !!... yesterday for example........why try a career long FG at Heinz field of all places, only to set the Bengals up for their own game-winning, SEASON ENDING attempt. STUPID ! Thankfully, the defense bailed them out for mistake 1, only to make Tomlin, Haley and Ben look dumber. After the punt, with less than a minute to go, at home.....play for OT !! The Bengals had shown that they couldn't move the ball at all.... take your chances of shutting them down and play field position in OT to win the game...why in the world would you take the chance of moving the ball in that situation. The Steelers got exactly what they deserved.. Dumb coaching, combined with poor play deserves a seat on the couch in 2 weeks !!

It's the NFL, and someone should be held accountable !!!

The rpoblem with the Steelers (been a Steelers fan as long as I can remember) is that they can never stay healthy thru an entire season. The front lines can never stay healthy, especially along the interior of the oline.

The defensive backfield is just a bunch of guys out there, they are not a playing as a unit. Ike Taylor constantly gets beat off the line, Troy P basically just runs around trying to bring back his 2009 form. Ryan Clark, is the most consistent player in the backfield but the dude can;t stay healthy either (besides his blood condition).

We don't have one capable runningback as of rigt now. I like Dwyer, and redman but no offense to them but they will not carry a team to the playoffs like the Bus or WIllie Prker (when he was half way decent).

We need to bust out the check book and spend money on a lockdown corner, a better nickle back, a reciever that is over 6'2", and a runningback that can stay healthy.

The rpoblem with the Steelers (been a Steelers fan as long as I can remember) is that they can never stay healthy thru an entire season. The front lines can never stay healthy, especially along the interior of the oline.

The defensive backfield is just a bunch of guys out there, they are not a playing as a unit. Ike Taylor constantly gets beat off the line, Troy P basically just runs around trying to bring back his 2009 form. Ryan Clark, is the most consistent player in the backfield but the dude can;t stay healthy either (besides his blood condition).

We don't have one capable runningback as of rigt now. I like Dwyer, and redman but no offense to them but they will not carry a team to the playoffs like the Bus or WIllie Prker (when he was half way decent).

We need to bust out the check book and spend money on a lockdown corner, a better nickle back, a reciever that is over 6'2", and a runningback that can stay healthy.

Agree with 100% of what you say....unfortunately, the Steelers have made their "mark" as being a team (ownership) that will NOT break out the checkbook. Not sure why we can never stay healthy on OL.....other than the NFL is brutal. I have complained about the DB's for years... I still believe that Mendenhahl has a CHANCE (?) to be the type of RB that can compliment Ben in that offense, but you are right about having that "posession" WR that we lost with Hines.

A shut-down CB should be the number 1 priority , along with a few more capable DB's...

I am just frustrated that this team couldn't at least make the top 6.... Heck, Arians took a rookie QB, with a 2-3 win team from last season and won 10.....basically starting from scratch.... Haley takes a team with pro bowl QB, pro bowl WR, pro bowl Center, pro bowl caliber TE, a second pro bowl WR (Brown went as special teams), and can't manage to be above .500.....

I am just saying that if the Arians firing was justified, why is Haley not on the hot-seat ?

Hayley should be on the hot-seat. His play calling has left me scartching my head all damn season. As the season has gone on he has become so predictable it's almost funny. Yesterday, 3rd and 6 on the Bengals side of the 50. Guess what he calls? A bubble screen to Brown (I think it was Brown), surprise because thats the only play he will call with 3rd and 7 or shorter. LOOK FOR HEATH MILLER.