NCAA getting sued over PSU sanctions

MichiganMan

I agree with you Zrod. After letting my emotions cool down about the whole situation, I think the NCAA reacted to fast and harmed the kids and future kids more than they ever should have. Especially when the kids aren't the ones who committed any of these crimes, and for what we know so far, it wasn't even during football season or had anything to do with the football program. I understand they hid it to protect the football legacy, and that should be punishable. How? Through the courts. Its just my opinion, but the kids shouldn't suffer for some sick idiot's actions. There have been enough kids effected already. Nail all those who had something to do with this, give PSU SOME disciplinary actions and move on with this.

I agree with you Zrod. After letting my emotions cool down about the whole situation, I think the NCAA reacted to fast and harmed the kids and future kids more than they ever should have. Especially when the kids aren't the ones who committed any of these crimes, and for what we know so far, it wasn't even during football season or had anything to do with the football program. I understand they hid it to protect the football legacy, and that should be punishable. How? Through the courts. Its just my opinion, but the kids shouldn't suffer for some sick idiot's actions. There have been enough kids effected already. Nail all those who had something to do with this, give PSU SOME disciplinary actions and move on with this.

In general the bold is the case, having said that, in your mind, how should the NCAA punish programs?

The Miami stuff is still ongoing, how many innocent kids will get swept up in that? Not necessarily disagreeing with you but just curious.

In general the bold is the case, having said that, in your mind, how should the NCAA punish programs?

The Miami stuff is still ongoing, how many innocent kids will get swept up in that? Not necessarily disagreeing with you but just curious.

Exactly my point. How do you punish a "football program"? How do you do it in the "courts"? With fines? No amount of money for fines is an issue in this day and age of loyal boosters and such. I also disagree with it being seen as the current players getting punished. They have the choice to go play somewhere else. If they are loyal to Penn St, as most were, that is fine and kudos to them. But they cant be all upset over the fact that they are essentially paying for a crime they didnt commit becuase they have that choice. They are also choosing to stick with a program that was the place of such a sickening situation. They have to understand this. I commend them. I dont feel sorry for them.

I'm actually glad they're doing this. I felt all along the NCAA over stepped their bounds. It was a legal and judicial issue not an athletics issue in anyway. If you want to strip the wins and all that stuff fine, but to cripple a program for things that will be sorted out in court is unprecedented and in my opinion outside the NCAA's jurisdiction.

I don't mind the lawsuit either. The ncaa awarded itself 60 million dollars of PA tax money. Now where did they get the idea that they get to fine a sovereign government? It's the other way around.