Backdoor?

HAHA gotcha. Anyway, I visit quite a bit while at work and last night the IT guy was ther really late. I had already been on here an hour earlier. Well apparently the IT guy installed a new blocker. So when I tried to get back on here, the HB site was blocked. Pissed me off. Said it was blocked for "games". The only thing I can come up with is it must be related to the name "board" in Huskerboard.

Any way, on to the question.

Do we have a "backdoor" address to cheat the system? If not can we get one?

Hmmmm...what we might be able to do is to set up a second domain name such as HBB.com (HB.com is taken). If the filter is targeting "Board", that would work. We just point both domain names to the same server. But before we do, is there any chance you can talk to your IT guy and find out how why the filter is tagging us? If we don't know that, we'd have to try one thing after another in the hope of hitting something that works.

Hmmmm...what we might be able to do is to set up a second domain name such as HBB.com (HB.com is taken). If the filter is targeting "Board", that would work. We just point both domain names to the same server. But before we do, is there any chance you can talk to your IT guy and find out how why the filter is tagging us? If we don't know that, we'd have to try one thing after another in the hope of hitting something that works.

I have the same issue where I work. They use a program called WebSense. It blocks me under the tag "Board Games". It does allow me to use HB for 30 minutes, for 2 hours.

I have the same issue where I work. They use a program called WebSense. It blocks me under the tag "Board Games". I does allow me to use HB for 30 minutes, for 2 hours.

That is the same program that was just installed. It was Barracuda.

AR, I will ask that question on Monday.

Stupid filters anyway, guess they expect me to work all night.

Well, that could mean a couple of things:

1. The DNS propagation hasn't completed - that can take up to 24 hours.

2. The filter is keying on something else, like the IP address, in which case there's not a lot we can do there unless we can add a second IP that mirrors HuskerBoard.

Let's hope it's the first one. Check again throughout the day, and we'll see if that finally works.