GT: #11 Ohio State at Nebraska - 6PM - BTN

Hate that 3 by Ubel.Could have easily got a better shot

That is a very clear example of the problem this team still struggles with. The patience to find the best shot.

In general I'd agree, but at that point in the game, nobody was stepping up to make a play. Ubel is actually a very capable three-point shooter, and Ray was picking his dribble up 30 feet from the hoop and Talley was going in circles. We couldn't afford patience down 7 with 1:40 or whatever left. I'm actually happy that Ubel took matters into his own hands and tried to step up and make a play.

• Fire 1

Ohio State: 23-28 from the line

Nebraska: 4-5

there's your ball game

Agreed to a certain extent. But at this point in the season we know this isn't a team you will find attacking the basket... It's not what they do, and I don't expect them to start now. They had a shot towards the end of the game and I am a proud nebrasketball fan. Miles will get them to where they need to be!

Ohio State: 23-28 from the line

Nebraska: 4-5

there's your ball game

Agreed to a certain extent. But at this point in the season we know this isn't a team you will find attacking the basket... It's not what they do, and I don't expect them to start now. They had a shot towards the end of the game and I am a proud nebrasketball fan. Miles will get them to where they need to be!

Either way, -19 from the line doesn't win you many ball games.

Hate that 3 by Ubel.Could have easily got a better shot

That is a very clear example of the problem this team still struggles with. The patience to find the best shot.

In general I'd agree, but at that point in the game, nobody was stepping up to make a play. Ubel is actually a very capable three-point shooter, and Ray was picking his dribble up 30 feet from the hoop and Talley was going in circles. We couldn't afford patience down 7 with 1:40 or whatever left. I'm actually happy that Ubel took matters into his own hands and tried to step up and make a play.

No. Ubel was our 2nd to worst 3 point shooter on the floor. Only time he should shoot that shot if there is under 5 secondsw left on the shot clock

While refusing to wade into the swamp that is "moral victories", there are a couple of positives to take from last night.

After losing to tOSU by about a combined 100 points the last 3 attempts, I finally saw a glimmer of fight. Like Smiles says.........if you don't THINK you can win, you WON't win.....

After timidly starting the game (a lackadaisical effort that is becoming routine at the Bob), and getting hammered on the boards (like at Minny) early, we actually ended up winning that battle. That's a plus.

A guy like Rivers who was non-existent in the first half showed plenty of ATTITUDE in the second half and attacked the rim with great effort. That's a plus.

Almeida threw up a wall down in the block and swatted a few away and rattled them a bit (until the inevitable blocking foul calls started.....that guy can get run into a full speed and because he doesn't budge, fail to draw the charge). HIs play was a plus.

With a genuine and unmistakable talent gap, we actually had a shot at winning at the under four minute mark. That's a plus.

If we had a couple of shooting options outside of running Ray dizzy until he casts up a prayer, it would free him up exponentially.

Overall, if they play the rest of the year with the intensity of the second half, we will beat PSU on Saturday and have a shot at a couple of others to finish with 3-5 conference wins which is about what most of us predicted before the season.

Then, when you add in the newbies and reshirts for next year with the potential of Shields and Rivers and the return of Ray, it looks fairly promising.