Legacy Recruits

So with the signing of Josh Banderas whose father played in the 80s, along with Will Shields boy playing for the BBall team, I got to thinking. Conceivably in the next 5-10 years our players from the 90s will have teenagers reaching college age.

If you could have just one legacy recruit from a 90s player, who's kid would it be! For arguments sake, let's say the kid is every bit as good as their father.

Also, does anyone else wonder why we didn't get more of these legacy kids from the 70s and 80s players?

Left tackle. Zatechka played right.

A second-team All-Big Eight selection on the field as a senior, playing alongside Outland Trophy winner Zach Wiegert and first-team All-Americans Brendan Stai and Aaron Graham (1995), Zatechka helped lead a dominant rushing attack that led the nation with 340 yards per game on the ground, while ranking fifth nationally with 477.8 yards per game in total offense. He started every game at left tackle as a senior, including Nebraska's win over Miami in the Orange Bowl in 1994.

Alright, I had the tackles flipped, but you thought zatechka was a guard ;)

I actually had him in my mind graduating later in the decade for some reason:( So I wasn't even remembering him. I like him but I just think our lines were about the unit and not the individual. The work of the units made it hard not to decorate them individually. I'm not sure we had that one guy that could carry the unit on his own. Weigert was probably closest though.

Alright, I had the tackles flipped, but you thought zatechka was a guard ;)

I actually had him in my mind graduating later in the decade for some reason:( So I wasn't even remembering him. I like him but I just think our lines were about the unit and not the individual. The work of the units made it hard not to decorate them individually. I'm not sure we had that one guy that could carry the unit on his own. Weigert was probably closest though.

There was a 2nd Zatechka that played later on as well. I wanna think it was 98-99'is?