False. I played vanilla WoW, i reached end game and once you level capped all you did was run the same raids over and over. Once they got an expansion out you started over again reach a new cap and do the same dungeons over and over or pvp. Why is that now being used as an excuse?

At least WoW was cognisant about adding content, where SWTOR didn't really do anything or make you think that they were pushing the envelope. It was almost as if once they'd released the game, they all went for pizza and beers and thought the game would run itself...

You can't really compare a new game vs a game that has been out and the developers know how to make the content and what works. vanilla WoW there was nothing when the game came out and had to wait 2 years for an expansion. Yes they came out with additional raids but not enough in where there would be months of no new content. It takes time to develop especially for a new game where they don't have all the glitches worked out like blizzard can with WoW.

This is true, but even though WoW lost me on Cata, they set the bar pretty high for all other MMO's. I admit, I got in to WoW about a year before LK came out, so I wasn't there for the beginning, but SWTOR should at least give me the idea that they're working on something...

False. I played vanilla WoW, i reached end game and once you level capped all you did was run the same raids over and over. Once they got an expansion out you started over again reach a new cap and do the same dungeons over and over or pvp. Why is that now being used as an excuse?

At least WoW was cognisant about adding content, where SWTOR didn't really do anything or make you think that they were pushing the envelope. It was almost as if once they'd released the game, they all went for pizza and beers and thought the game would run itself...

You can't really compare a new game vs a game that has been out and the developers know how to make the content and what works. vanilla WoW there was nothing when the game came out and had to wait 2 years for an expansion. Yes they came out with additional raids but not enough in where there would be months of no new content. It takes time to develop especially for a new game where they don't have all the glitches worked out like blizzard can with WoW.

This is true, but even though WoW lost me on Cata, they set the bar pretty high for all other MMO's. I admit, I got in to WoW about a year before LK came out, so I wasn't there for the beginning, but SWTOR should at least give me the idea that they're working on something...

Yeah and that's why they fail cause it's not exactly like WoW and then people bitch if it different. SWTOR is fixing to come out with an expansion. With MMO's you have to wait for content that's just part of it since it is always evolving game. LK was f'ing great. I loved that expansion and that's when i quit because i felt i had completed it and didn't care about deathwing. The Old gods were interesting and that would've been the only part that would've kept me but even that wasn't enough.

Yeah and that's why they fail cause it's not exactly like WoW and then people bitch if it different. SWTOR is fixing to come out with an expansion. With MMO's you have to wait for content that's just part of it since it is always evolving game. LK was f'ing great. I loved that expansion and that's when i quit because i felt i had completed it and didn't care about deathwing. The Old gods were interesting and that would've been the only part that would've kept me but even that wasn't enough.

I quit playing WoW not for content reasons, but because if you were a specific DPS class, you couldn't do end game content. For me SWTOR sh*t the bed when it went F2P. I was ok with a subscription.

I quit playing WoW not for content reasons, but because if you were a specific DPS class, you couldn't do end game content. For me SWTOR sh*t the bed when it went F2P. I was ok with a subscription.

You can still pay a sub you get perks. f2p isn't worth it and might as well sub or become preferred.

Yeah, but once they put in F2P, it's all just crap now...

I think the real problem is that there is not as dedicated raiding base of players anymore. There is so much more game options, you simply do not have as large a base of players who are locked into raiding and the gear treadmill. I have been there and done that with EQ, and would not do it again. WoW got started with a raiding base, as almost all the long established EQ raiding guilds moved wholesale to WoW. There has not been that level of migration to any one game since. Players bleed to any number of new games.

I think the real problem is that there is not as dedicated raiding base of players anymore. There is so much more game options, you simply do not have as large a base of players who are locked into raiding and the gear treadmill. I have been there and done that with EQ, and would not do it again. WoW got started with a raiding base, as almost all the long established EQ raiding guilds moved wholesale to WoW. There has not been that level of migration to any one game since. Players bleed to any number of new games.

I think thats part of it, but I think we can all agree that WoW sh*t the bed with the Cata expansion. That and with Rifts and SWTOR coming out, it depleted some of the more "hard core" raiders from WoW...

I think thats part of it, but I think we can all agree that WoW sh*t the bed with the Cata expansion. That and with Rifts and SWTOR coming out, it depleted some of the more "hard core" raiders from WoW...

yeah. you can't make raiding easier then back to hard cause you don't have the same people anymore running those raids like you use to since they left.

yeah. you can't make raiding easier then back to hard cause you don't have the same people anymore running those raids like you use to since they left.

Which is what they did...

yep.

yep.

I miss the pre Cata raids... some of those were fun as hell...

How games changed. When I raided in EQ going in with less than 40 for most stuff was suicide, and many you needed just about the full 72. And done only with game chat, no voice chat yet. Tried some multi group WoW stuff, and the encounter was easier, but getting people to operate smoothly as a unit was almost impossible. Even with voice chat.

How games changed. When I raided in EQ going in with less than 40 for most stuff was suicide, and many you needed just about the full 72. And done only with game chat, no voice chat yet. Tried some multi group WoW stuff, and the encounter was easier, but getting people to operate smoothly as a unit was almost impossible. Even with voice chat.

I can't imagine those runs in EQ back in the day.

Only reason we did ok in WoW with my 10 man group, because it was essentially the same core of 7 or 8 of us every week, only switching out 2 or 3 people...