Who (and when) will be our first 2014 commit????

All we heard about prior to NSD was how difficult it is to get kids to leave home and come all the way to Nebraska, so when it comes to Foster, isn't the reverse true? Mom and Dad can drive across town to 6 or 7 home games a year, vs. 12 away (from Lincoln) games. The only drivable SEC games would be Misery, maybe A&M.

I'd sure think we should be in drivers seat on any kid living in Lincoln.

I am guessing we get the newly offered Luke Gifford as our first commit by (or on) the spring game.

I would rather he be a silent commit for a while. As was mentioned in his thread, if he commits early, recruiting sites won't bother to evaluate him properly and he won't get any recognition. He should hold off verbally committing and let some other offers roll in. I know stars aren't everything, but it sure looks good at the end of the year for momentum.

I am guessing we get the newly offered Luke Gifford as our first commit by (or on) the spring game.

I would rather he be a silent commit for a while. As was mentioned in his thread, if he commits early, recruiting sites won't bother to evaluate him properly and he won't get any recognition. He should hold off verbally committing and let some other offers roll in. I know stars aren't everything, but it sure looks good at the end of the year for momentum.

As I mentioned in Luke's thread, I completely argue with this. But, if he wants to be our 'flagship' recruit like Josh Banderas was, he can't be a silient recruit for long.

As I mentioned in Luke's thread, I completely argue with this. But, if he wants to be our 'flagship' recruit like Josh Banderas was, he can't be a silient recruit for long.

I hope you meant agree. I get him mybe wanting to be the flagship commit, but the glaring difference between him and Banderas is that Banderas was already rated a 4 star player going into his Sr year. So he had some "clout" behind him. If we wanted to have the same thing happen this year, we need someone like Foster to commit first.

I hope you meant agree. I get him mybe wanting to be the flagship commit, but the glaring difference between him and Banderas is that Banderas was already rated a 4 star player going into his Sr year. So he had some "clout" behind him. If we wanted to have the same thing happen this year, we need someone like Foster to commit first.

Good call. OK, someone needs to tell Foster.