2014 Combine

His sh**ty throwing mechanics just had to be due to the injury, i think anyway. If you watch film on him prior to the Missouri-2010 injury, his throwing motion was fine, at least in tune with what we see now. It's after that injury that it went to sh#t. I dont think he was ever 100% for 2011, and, wasnt there talk of a turf toe or something of the sort that he was fighting to most of 2011?

I'm just of the opionion that with the way quarterback play is revolving right now, that if he has a great year throwing the ball (ups the yards and td's, and lowers the picks, limits fumbles) and shows more improvement that he may at least get a look as a qb.

Taylor improved a lot last year, and I hope he improves as much or more again in '13. I think he might be one of the most exciting college QBs next year. But NFL DBs are all studs and would pick him apart. And I agree with the earlier posts, an NFL safety would tear him in half with him running standing straight up.

I said prior to the season last year that Taylor would out play Dennard Robinson all year a long. I think i was laughed at. Well, he did, and it wasnt even close. I'm not gonna go as far as saying he'll outplay Braxton Miller this year, but I will say that that particular week-to-week matchup will be much MUCH closer than what the national media is ever going to give Taylor credit for. Sadly enough, all of Taylor's hype and accolades are going to ride solely on the potential and performance of a very young defense.

Taylor improved a lot last year, and I hope he improves as much or more again in '13. I think he might be one of the most exciting college QBs next year. But NFL DBs are all studs and would pick him apart. And I agree with the earlier posts, an NFL safety would tear him in half with him running standing straight up.

I said prior to the season last year that Taylor would out play Dennard Robinson all year a long. I think i was laughed at. Well, he did, and it wasnt even close. I'm not gonna go as far as saying he'll outplay Braxton Miller this year, but I will say that that particular week-to-week matchup will be much MUCH closer than what the national media is ever going to give Taylor credit for. Sadly enough, all of Taylor's hype and accolades are going to ride solely on the potential and performance of a very young defense.

To me, Taylor and Braxton are pretty close in talent and what they do for their teams. Last year they both lead flawed teams to records that were probably better than should have been expected. Both were better than pre-injury Dennard Robinson last year. None of the three strike me as NFL type QBs.

• Fire 1

Braxton is too Tebowish for the NFL to me too. It can not be overlooked that both Ohio St and Nebraska were both just a few plays away from having 3-4 more losses than what they actually had. We'd have a new staff and ohio St would probably be ranked outside the top 20 to start the year.

• Fire 1

To me, Taylor and Braxton are pretty close in talent and what they do for their teams. Last year they both lead flawed teams to records that were probably better than should have been expected. Both were better than pre-injury Dennard Robinson last year. None of the three strike me as NFL type QBs.

I think Miller has a better arm and is more elusive than Taylor, but Taylor (100%) has more top end speed and has that FB type hit when he wants to put his shoulders down. We have yet to see that since his RS Freshman year, and got glimpses against AGU, but over all, I would put Miller, on solo talent, in front of Taylor, but not by much. Taylor is better with clock management and making offensive adjustments, and game pressure doesn't seem to effect him like it use to.

Miller is tOSU's offense. That is the difference between us and them. We have a WR core that came make Taylor look like a better passer than he is, and a STOUT backfield that can block and take some handoffs for positive yards, to relieve pressure off of him. Our OL caused more problems than it should have last year, but the talent we had in RB, made them look better than they were. The OL showed their weekness when they had to do pass protection, and this caused the opponent to try to optimize that to their advantage on where to bring blitzes.

This year I believe we will have a much better OL, with the JUCO OL, and the talent we have. Cross and Abdullah will do more than their fair share of work in the backfield with a mixture of Adam Taylor or Terrell Newby and a splash of Janovich. It will all come down to what defense can do, to get Taylor the recognition he may deserve.

His sh**ty throwing mechanics just had to be due to the injury, i think anyway. If you watch film on him prior to the Missouri-2010 injury, his throwing motion was fine, at least in tune with what we see now. It's after that injury that it went to sh#t. I dont think he was ever 100% for 2011, and, wasnt there talk of a turf toe or something of the sort that he was fighting to most of 2011?

I'm just of the opionion that with the way quarterback play is revolving right now, that if he has a great year throwing the ball (ups the yards and td's, and lowers the picks, limits fumbles) and shows more improvement that he may at least get a look as a qb.

Which is why I guess I was expecting more improvement. His throwing was fine in 2010 pre-injury (not great, but adequate). You saw it against Okie State, and a few other games prior to that. His numbers weren't off the charts, but there wasn't that absolutely dreadful looking motion either. So it doesn't surprise me all that much that it is back to similar form now.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's going to have a great year. I think he'll improve some. But I just don't expect it to be much based on last year - where I thought it was only back to what was expected - not greatly improved. Which is fine, he doesn't have to do much more. Few less turnovers, a play here or a play there and he's stellar. Like you said, it all hinges on the defense. Taylor is the least of our worries.

Which is why I guess I was expecting more improvement. His throwing was fine in 2010 pre-injury (not great, but adequate).

Well, you got me there. I eat my words a little on that.

We just have varying opinions on the amount that he improved.

We just have varying opinions on the amount that he improved.

Or just different perspectives. He improved a great amount from 2011 to 2012, I'll give you that. I just think he had digressed so much from 2010, (and some of this is on yet another new offense) that to improve that much in 2012 barely put him ahead of his freshman year. in 12', I think we lose the Michigan St. game with a freshman Taylor - but overall I would expect the season to turn out very much the same. The 2011 Taylor would have lost at least 2 of Michigan St, Northwestern, and Penn State - maybe even Iowa. So in that sense - 2 or 3 more wins - then yeah...he improved by leaps and bounds.

Player A Junior Year:

• 3563 yards passing
  • 58% completion percentage
  • 28/14 TD/Int
  • 127.5 QB Rating
  • 435 yards rushing at 3.0 per for 9 TD
  • 5'11"

Player B Junior Year:

• 2871 yards passing
  • 62% completion percentage
  • 23/12 TD/Int
  • 141.6 QB Rating
  • 1019 yards rushing at 5.2 per for 10 TD
  • 6'1"

Player A started in the NFL as a rookie and led his team to a playoff win.

Player B is Taylor.

I'll save judgment.

Stats are a great thing sometimes. And sometimes they are very misleading.

To me, watching Russell Wilson play football and watching Taylor Martinez play football... one has a skillset that translates to the NFL and one doesn't. I can't say as I recall seeing him play for NC State, but watching him at Wisconsin, you could see Wilson had a potential future as an NFL QB. The same simply can't be said for Martinez.

How many times, when Taylor was completing 60% of his passes, did he throw it behind the receiver. Or too low, or too high... Completion percentage is a good metric, but having a good completion percentage doesn't mean you are an accurate passer. Taylor is NOT an accurate passer.

Taylor is a tough SOB and a fantastic athlete. But he is not an NFL passer.

Stats are a great thing sometimes. And sometimes they are very misleading.

To me, watching Russell Wilson play football and watching Taylor Martinez play football... one has a skillset that translates to the NFL and one doesn't. I can't say as I recall seeing him play for NC State, but watching him at Wisconsin, you could see Wilson had a potential future as an NFL QB. The same simply can't be said for Martinez.

How many times, when Taylor was completing 60% of his passes, did he throw it behind the receiver. Or too low, or too high... Completion percentage is a good metric, but having a good completion percentage doesn't mean you are an accurate passer. Taylor is NOT an accurate passer.

Taylor is a tough SOB and a fantastic athlete. But he is not an NFL passer.

Makes me wonder what Wilson's stats would have been if he had our WR's lol. Wilson is a great QB because of his accuracy and arm strength. Arm strength is something Taylor doesn't have and adding accuracy into that, only makes for even a worse scenario. Night and Day between Russell and Martinez. That and Russell, now being in the NFL, is much smarter running with the ball. He goes for the marker and tries not to take hits, like RGIII does.

Wilson has very good decision making skills

He moves in the pocket well- MOVES, that means he moves up in the pocket and throws, or side steps and throws or throws the ball AWAY

He doesnt take a lot of sacks

Just because you are fast in a straight line DOESNT mean you move well in the pocket, 2 totally different skills

The offense Wilson was in didnt ask him to run, but remembering the game against us, he ran really well when the opening was there

Wilson also holds onto the football

Love Martinezs effort and athleticism, but love Wilsons entire skill set more

Martinez will be invited, but there isnt any chance anyone looks at him to play QB in the NFL