Devin Gardner granted medical redshirt

Good for him. IMO he was better than Robinson and it makes me wonder what your staff was thinking when they sent in that other QB?

Maybe it was another Michigan fan on the board, but I'm pretty sure it was MighiganMan that I've had numerous discussions with about Gardner and Robinson. I still to this day dont understand what they were thinking last year. Gardner IS 3 time the quarterback Dennard Robinson ever will be.

Good for him. IMO he was better than Robinson and it makes me wonder what your staff was thinking when they sent in that other QB?

Yeah, we all were. Devin had been playing receiver all year and hadn't even been getting snaps at QB several weeks prior to the NU game. Turns out he is actually much better than Bellomy, who would've thought?!

Coaching staff made a big mistake there. I'd rather see Devin improvise the playbook and lose than watch the disaster that Bellomy brought upon us.

Yeah, we all were. Devin had been playing receiver all year and hadn't even been getting snaps at QB several weeks prior to the NU game. Turns out he is actually much better than Bellomy, who would've thought?!

Coaching staff made a big mistake there. I'd rather see Devin improvise the playbook and lose than watch the disaster that Bellomy brought upon us.

I actually thought we were in trouble when Robinson went down because I knew Gardner was a much better QB, but to my surprise Bellomy showed up and I was elated.

Hoke said Gardner didn't play QB against Nebraska because he didn't take any snaps that week in practice. I didn't like that comment. he play QB for 2 years he knows what he's doing

Robinson should have been given a Percy Havin style role with HB/WR and a situation QB with bubble screens and read options. Gardner is a 5* recruit and the number one dual threat QB in his class. He can play. Not as fast as Robinson running but throws so much better and substationally more durable.

With Shane Morris here now, Bellomy will never see the field again

Is it at all normal for schools to apply for a medical redshirt years later? That part kind of bothers me.

We would of with Fisher if he chose to stay another year.

It was actually a mix up by our compliance department. It was believed you can only file for a medical redshirt after all eligibility has ran out. Turns out you can file at any time.

No offense to the Michigan fans on the board, but I'm hopin like hell that the way Hoke and Co have botched up the qb situation their first two years is a sign of incompetence to come.

none taken. matter of fact I hate the OC. He ran Auburn into the ground got fired after a 3-2 loss. he will do the same to us. We've already seen a decline in offensive production. cool fact about last year, Michigan went without a touchdown in 3 games last year.

I love the DC though, Greg Mattison should be given his own statue.

No offense to the Michigan fans on the board, but I'm hopin like hell that the way Hoke and Co have botched up the qb situation their first two years is a sign of incompetence to come.

none taken. matter of fact I hate the OC. He ran Auburn into the ground got fired after a 3-2 loss. he will do the same to us. We've already seen a decline in offensive production. cool fact about last year, Michigan went without a touchdown in 3 games last year.

I love the DC though, Greg Mattison should be given his own statue.

I think me and you have talked about him as well.