Fighting Erstad's vs. UC Irvine and Cal State Fullerton

Nebraska loses 2-0. Falls to 6-11.

Another relatively close loss, and silent bats. I have a feeling this is going to be the story all season. :(

As I look back over the game we've played the only weekend that I regret gaming is the Texa$$ series. I honestly believe the games were decided before a pitch was even thrown. I think the umpires gave every possible call they could to TexA$$ and I think that sour taste followed us into the La Tech series.

That was no different than when we were in the Big XII, to be honest. Texass got questionable calls even in Lincoln in some of our televised close games.

Frankly, this team just doesn't have the wood or mind to go out and win. And even if they fix the problem with the bats, they're still not right in the head. It may take a year or two until we see Erstad turn this around; probably when we run out of Andersen's kids, sad to say.

Regarding the bats... don't overlook the irvine staff. Its very solid and nobody is hitting them. As for the mental toughness... I think its better then it appears and the only lack of toughness I've seen is at la tech but as I mentioned already, I think the unbelievable umpiring had a lot to do with that. There is a reason other top schools won't play texa$$.... Their reputation is that bad.

Regarding the bats... don't overlook the irvine staff. Its very solid and nobody is hitting them. As for the mental toughness... I think its better then it appears and the only lack of toughness I've seen is at la tech but as I mentioned already, I think the unbelievable umpiring had a lot to do with that. There is a reason other top schools won't play texa$$.... Their reputation is that bad.

Very true. Those Irvine pitchers stats looked good. Hopefully, we can steal one or two against CSF.

Indiana was the pre season favorite... they have had a pretty weak schedule from what it looks like but they did take 2 of 3 from Florida.

Illini are about the same but swept Baylor.

ohio state played nobody

OK thanks; I have not followed it much so far this year. As soon as the basketball season is over, I will change hats. I can't believe we would be that far behind Indiana, Illinois or Ohio State in baseball abilities?

Indiana was the pre season favorite... they have had a pretty weak schedule from what it looks like but they did take 2 of 3 from Florida.

ohio state played nobody

OK thanks; I have not followed it much so far this year. As soon as the basketball season is over, I will change hats. I can't believe we would be that far behind Indiana, Illinois or Ohio State in baseball abilities?

none of them have played the schedule we have though so its tough to say how far behind we may or may not be...

ohio state played nobody

none of them have played the schedule we have though so its tough to say how far behind we may or may not be...

Sooo, you're saying Huskers will be the B1G Baseball Champs! :dunno :D

• Fire 1

ohio state played nobody

Sooo, you're saying Huskers will be the B1G Baseball Champs! :dunno :D

YES HE IS!

We have Indiana and tOSU here... advantage us but we play Illinois and Purdue on the road... tough games... especially the Illinois series this coming weekend in what could be some very cold weather. As for winning the B1G, I think our arms are finally showing what we hoped they would, our bats are way down this year but we've improved as the spring has progressed. Lets hope that our non-conference schedule has toughened us enough to be both mentally and physically ready for conference play.

Edit: Oh and btw.... I am still predicting a 3 run win tonight :P

• Fire 1

We have Indiana and tOSU here... advantage us but we play Illinois and Purdue on the road... tough games... especially the Illinois series this coming weekend in what could be some very cold weather. As for winning the B1G, I think our arms are finally showing what we hoped they would, our bats are way down this year but we've improved as the spring has progressed. Lets hope that our non-conference schedule has toughened us enough to be both mentally and physically ready for conference play.

Edit: Oh and btw.... I am still predicting a 3 run win tonight :P

I will hold you to it! I'll post updates. I am at work and when I get a chance i'll update everyone.