RIP Jeff Hanneman

This ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of a "Bad Idea"...

Picketing service members funerals, most former military guys will be as polite as they can, when all they're thinking about is stomping these Westboro douchebags guts out...

Now, Slayer Fans, will just say "f*ck it" and begin to kick the sh*t out of the Westboro douchebags...

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/westboro-baptist-church-to-picket-slayer-guitarist-jeff-hannemans-funeral/

• Fire 1

This ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of a "Bad Idea"...

Picketing service members funerals, most former military guys will be as polite as they can, when all they're thinking about is stomping these Westboro douchebags guts out...

Now, Slayer Fans, will just say "f*ck it" and begin to kick the sh*t out of the Westboro douchebags...

http://musicfeeds.co...nemans-funeral/

Yes I would. Just for kicks, I would throw a few punches for my fallin' brethern as well.

Slayer's Reign in Blood is one of the most ferocious efforts in metal history. When you consider when it came out and what it was up against with other albums being released at that time, it's really in a league of its own.. Death metal didn't even exist at that point, and RIB would turn into a great influence for an entire genre. With that in mind and the fact that Jeff Hanneman wrote a great deal of RIB, it seems to me he's never totally gotten his due as one of the greatest metal guitarist of all time. Maybe I'm over sensationalizing things, but Slayer flat out changed metal and was a major influence on so many bands.

ps....May Hanneman rest in peace. I don't even remotely get the argument here in this thread. I think anyone is obligated to rest in peace. Unless you're Vic Rattlehead, who gets to rust in peace.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...