Dow Closes over 15,000 for the first time

It's also a problem that doesn't really pertain to my point, either. When the market goes up, everyone invested is getting the same return. If you think a certain class is underrepresented in the market, that's an entirely separate issue.

Not quite.

Go on.

It's also a problem that doesn't really pertain to my point, either. When the market goes up, everyone invested is getting the same return. If you think a certain class is underrepresented in the market, that's an entirely separate issue.

Not quite.

Go on.

I have . . .

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/64939-dow-closes-over-15000-for-the-first-time/page__view__findpost__p__1158476

Then again, if you prefer to limit your input to discussing investing $5 a week that's certainly your prerogative.

Looks to me that there are 2 different issues. KJ is saying that regardless if it is $5 or $5,000 invested in the market the same way. Over the same amount of time, the rate of return is the same.

The fact that some corporations employ people at a wage that makes them unable to do more investing and the fact that lower-middle class is far behind others is a different issue.

Am I reading it right?

Looks to me that there are 2 different issues. KJ is saying that regardless if it is $5 or $5,000 invested in the market the same way. Over the same amount of time, the rate of return is the same.

The fact that some corporations employ people at a wage that makes them unable to do more investing and the fact that lower-middle class is far behind others is a different issue.

Am I reading it right?

I think that you are reading it correctly.

Am I reading it right?

And you said not quite. How are they not different issues?

Am I reading it right?

And you said not quite. How are they not different issues?

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what you're "not quite"ing, carl. Looks to me like we're talking different issues here, as StPaul summarized nicely. But that doesn't mean either of us is saying anything incorrect.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what you're "not quite"ing, carl. Looks to me like we're talking different issues here, as StPaul summarized nicely. But that doesn't mean either of us is saying anything incorrect.

You're right. You were limiting your comment to that area. I was shooting for a broader view. Sorry.