Haters and Husker fans. Can we be our own worst enemy?

I know Wisky2 really sticks in everyones craw. I myself truely didn't think they were going to win that game. I had a bad feeling about it. I knew they were beat up especially on defense. I knew they were a tired team. I knew that mentally they were spent. BP did a good and bad thing by saying they needed to win out. it gave them a goal to shoot for, but when they met the goal that was set before them they couldn't get up for another game. I know as fans that is hard to understand but as a former player and coach I have seen it happen many times.

Wisky was ready, healthy and ready to go with nothing to lose. Nebrasak hoped they would survive the game. When things started going badly from the start the floodgates just couldn't get shut off.

-I agree with this statement....they didn't look like the same team that won out. Worn out? Beat up? Mentally exhausted? I don't know...What I do know is that Husker team didn't look like the team that won 6 games in a row to go to the BIG10 championship.

Although none of those excuses can be applied to the Ohio State game.

Nope, I am sure I am in a minority here, but they were in the game until mid 3rd quarter. The defense was playing really well up until Miller had his 70 yard run for a score. They lost composure after that. That was the bad thing about this team sometimes. When things would go south. They didn't always keep thier composure and then they would get out of hand real fast. They would start doubting themselves real quick on defense and their just wasn't anyone to pull them back into it.

Although none of those excuses can be applied to the Ohio State game.

Nope, I am sure I am in a minority here, but they were in the game until mid 3rd quarter. The defense was playing really well up until Miller had his 70 yard run for a score. They lost composure after that. That was the bad thing about this team sometimes. When things would go south. They didn't always keep thier composure and then they would get out of hand real fast. They would start doubting themselves real quick on defense and their just wasn't anyone to pull them back into it.

The Ohio St match is clouded a bit by the ending result. But outside of 2nd quarter, NU played OSU well. The 2nd quarter as you pointed out, once Miller got loose on his big run, the confidence of the defense kind of deflated, which was terrible because they were already at a disadvantage in athleticism. But we continued to play, but by half time had already dug a whole too steep to climb out of. In that showing, you are correct, the composure/confidence of the defense especially dropped a couple notches. OSU was a talented team, but not to the extent they looked that day. Martinez, in attempt to spark the sideline tried to force the issue a few times resulting in a turnovers. It was the perfect storm that we were facing in that game and an obvious example of what a great coach can do with good to great talent, as OSU's roster wasn't much different from the previous season in which they went 6-7 (3-5)