AAA

kramer

In the end, does anyone really care about Academic All Americans, would you prefer 222 (something) Academic All Americans or winning a national championship? Does the average Nebraska fan care about this????????

The rest of the country obviously doesn't care. And they win. Such a prestigious University as USC doesn't come close.

when you can say that you have more academic all americans then ND, Stanford ect. is very important.

with the history that NU has it is very important to keep this tradition alive. it actually shows how much better we are then all of the other schools

Then why aren't we getting the best recruits.....they don;t care nearly as much as they say. The parents tdon't care much either.

For fans it's a formality. They really don't care either as long as NU wins.

I care. That is one of the reasons I am drawn to a school like Nebraska, one that values things other than a W. Many fans have lost sight of that, Im just glad that this university hasnt. If we went 7-4 for the next 20 years, but still packed the house and turned out excellent young men and woman, than I would still be proud to call myself a Nebraska fan, and if you dont see it that way, than maybe you have lost sight of what is really important.

If you have a situation where NU and another prestigious school are vying for a top notch prospect who also is a very good student, who wants to go into an advanced professsional field, NU can offer those parents something that may make a difference. The athletes that have started for NU that are pre-med are probably in that category.

In other words, it makes a difference at times.

I care. That is one of the reasons I am drawn to a school like Nebraska, one that values things other than a W. Many fans have lost sight of that, Im just glad that this university hasnt. If we went 7-4 for the next 20 years, but still packed the house and turned out excellent young men and woman, than I would still be proud to call myself a Nebraska fan, and if you dont see it that way, than maybe you have lost sight of what is really important.

i agree with you completely.

NU cannot become, yes we all want to win national championships, confrence championships but not at all costs.

how many football programs out there have been on probation for violations regarding educational issues, recruiting violations and so on?

how many times has the NCAA placed recruiting ristrictions (the number of scolarships), banned from post season and so on to UN?

i cant think of any time but my memory is not the greatest.

does anyone remember the kiss of death that SMU got. I am sure that none of us even those who cannot stand the current coaching staff or AD, want that to happen here

well these kids cant play football forever and some will want to go into business after their career is over. a good education and a degree will help you find a job and get a better paycheck. i care about our record setting academic all-americans and its another good selling point to how wonderful our university is. sometimes you hear about ex-football players coming back to school after their career is over to finish up their degree if they went pro before graduating.