Like him or not, Steve Pederson's vision...

Weasel: Presume for a moment that there were other factors keeping solich there another year beyond the 7-7 season (financial with the coaches contracts for one). Given that restriction, how could he have done the firing and not divided the fan base? Don't just keep stating morals, values, etc., without specifics on the timing, the steps to take and the procedure. Keep in mind that all of this was approved by "your" Chancellor Perlman!

Weasel: Presume for a moment that there were other factors keeping solich there another year beyond the 7-7 season (financial with the coaches contracts for one). Given that restriction, how could he have done the firing and not divided the fan base? Don't just keep stating morals, values, etc., without specifics on the timing, the steps to take and the procedure. Keep in mind that all of this was approved by "your" Chancellor Perlman!

Good points that I failed to address.

I can't presume because I don't know the specifics of the coaches contracts etc. I do know it didn't stop the revamping of the staff and hiring of a "basically" new one. However I could be proven wrong in that this was the "major" reason Pedey didn't pull the trigger earlier on Solich himself. So good points and for sure something that could've been a possibility.

Regardless my point / concern is that things from day one could've been handled better by the U....just my 2 cents.

Take care,

Weasel

In some measure I am completely in aggreement with you weasel. The way in which he handled the media during Nebraska football's most trying times was certainly less than satisfactory from our perspective. If their were internal issues (drinking, affairs, contract issues, etc) I do believe that Pederson did in fact do the right thing by not going public with that information, since some of it would inhibit Solich from finding further employment. While I do not believe that that particular situation was handled in the right way, and that Pederson does appear to be headstrong, I most certainly think that Pederson honestly cares about something other than winning, and that is doing whatever it takes to enhance nebraska athletics and giving back to the fans that support those athletics. He has opened up courtside seats for volleyball, had the expansion project, created the husker pavillion, moved the soccer team to campus to increase student participation, is working to get the bowling team a home tournament, opened up the devaney center for a free showing of the volleyball final four, and hired, all though in a way which many disaggree with, a football coach that I believe to be capable of bringing us back to the top. Now the last one is arguable, but as for the rest, you have to admit that Pederson most certainly cares about the fans.