Like him or not, Steve Pederson's vision...

will likely be proven to be correct. Firing Solich, hiring Callahan, the new building project, etc. Granted he has this Julius Caesar complex thing going on and he's an easy target for abuse, but if you take his personality out of it and judge him on what he's done (not how he's done it) I think time will show him to be correct in making these moves. I applaud the guy. He's got a tough job. Similar to the president of the United States, you either like him or you don't.

I personally know the man. I do not like him at all. But I will say this, he has done just exactly what this program needed. He is doing the job he was hired to do and most likely better than anyone else could have. He is a Nebraskan and he wants this program to succeed. You really can not ask for much more. To bad he is such a jerk or most would feel he could walk on water.

Credit where credit is due.

I appreciate what he has done.

While I appreciate what he's done for the athletics department in general, and the work that's gone into the stadium expansion and such, and while i agree that FS's time was up, it's hard for me to say if he's done a great job as AD. Adequate? sure, Good? probably, but it will still take some time to see if he's ultimately successful here at NU. The reason I say this is that I'm not sure of any quantifiable way to measure his impact or success. Like the president, his true mark on the university won't be felt for another couple of years IMO, and it shouldn't be based only on how the football team is doing at the time. Unfortunately, that's how most people judge him because that's at the forefront of everyone's mind when they think of the Athletic Department.

I've never met the man, but it seems most people don't like him personally because they perceive him to be arrogant or smug or something of that nature. I would argue though, that as a man in his position you have to be that way to some extent because you're making some of the biggest and most scrutinized decisions in the state, not the most important decisions by any means, but decisions that will always leave people with an opportunity to second guess and criticize. IMO we need someone as AD with the attitude that things will be his way and no other because he's in charge and he knows best, rather than someone who's going to try not to step on any toes and leave things at the status quo.

I can't imagine having the job that Pederson has. Coming in and firing a man who has been with the Huskers pretty much all of his adult life. Then hiring a "Non Husker" to come in and take over a team that has based it's entire football life around the option and change it to this "fancy" thing called the West Coast Offense! I sure as hell wouldn't want that job! There will always be those few Solich "faithfull" out there and no matter what Pederson does he will always be the Devil. I commend Pederson on having Brass Balls to fire Solich and slowly get this thing headed in the right direction!

Yes I am waiting for good ole Benard to say that we were headed in the right direction with Frankie being 9-3 the year he was fired. dedhoarse

The one thing about pedersen is, he better hope callahan is successful, because them two are pretty much linked to each other. I am not really sure pedersen could fire callahan. How would he justify firing callahan since he was the one to fire solich for him. So if the fans are unhappy with the results on the field pedersen would be the first to go. All of his hard work to build nebraska athletics could be enjoyed by a different AD. If you think about it, firing solich was a pretty ballsy move, knowing your job depends on the new coach you hire.

The one thing about pedersen is, he better hope callahan is successful, because them two are pretty much linked to each other. I am not really sure pedersen could fire callahan. How would he justify firing callahan since he was the one to fire solich for him. So if the fans are unhappy with the results on the field pedersen would be the first to go. All of his hard work to build nebraska athletics could be enjoyed by a different AD. If you think about it, firing solich was a pretty ballsy move, knowing your job depends on the new coach you hire.

It doesn't matter if people like him personally - or how the basketball team does or any of that other stuff. He'll be judged on how well Callahan turns out. If Callahan wins a national title within a few years he'll be a success. If Callahan struggles to make .500 next year, Pederson and Callahan would both be failures. Don't kid yourself, it's not personality, it's the football team.

I agree, most of the changes are things that competent AD's should have been doing - things that Byrne screwed up.

Pretty ballsy to fire Solich. Pretty lucky to land Callahan. I think over the next two years, we will see huge improvements in the team and all of this talk about if Callahan is the right guy for the job will go away. Who cares if Pederson tries to take credit for it. I think all we care about is the product on the field.

will likely be proven to be correct. Firing Solich, hiring Callahan, the new building project, etc. Granted he has this Julius Caesar complex thing going on and he's an easy target for abuse, but if you take his personality out of it and judge him on what he's done (not how he's done it) I think time will show him to be correct in making these moves. I applaud the guy. He's got a tough job. Similar to the president of the United States, you either like him or you don't.

10-10 against division 1 teams is not a heck of a vision to me. I don't see us much better then 6 or 7 wins next year with actually a decent schedule.

Pretty ballsy to fire Solich. Pretty lucky to land Callahan. I think over the next two years, we will see huge improvements in the team and all of this talk about if Callahan is the right guy for the job will go away. Who cares if Pederson tries to take credit for it. I think all we care about is the product on the field.

Yeah winning is all that matters who cares about anything else. Win at all cost.