Unofficially Official : Big Ten adding Holiday, Kraft bowls

exswoo

3 Florida Bowls(4 if you include the occasional Orange Bowl)

3 California Bowls

Very nice for recruiting.

This is what I was thinking too, even though I dont look at things too much from a recruiting standpoint. But this makes for a hell of a footprint. Imagine if we could nab a Texas Bowl or two.

You do know for some of these bowls you covet so much we would have to do worse than 9-3 right? something like 7-5, etc.

It's not about Nebraska. It's about the Big 10. This is a Big 10 discussion.

even so no conference is going to send at least 9 teams to a bowl.

3 Florida Bowls(4 if you include the occasional Orange Bowl)

3 California Bowls

Very nice for recruiting.

This is what I was thinking too, even though I dont look at things too much from a recruiting standpoint. But this makes for a hell of a footprint. Imagine if we could nab a Texas Bowl or two.

You do know for some of these bowls you covet so much we would have to do worse than 9-3 right? something like 7-5, etc.

It's not about Nebraska. It's about the Big 10. This is a Big 10 discussion.

even so no conference is going to send at least 9 teams to a bowl.

There is a possibility of it happening. The Big Ten had 12 teams last year and sent 6 and 2 were ineligible. In 2014 there will be 14 teams so it is not out of the question. Plus if there is any possibility of expanding to 16 teams, the likelihood increases.

There is a possibility of it happening. The Big Ten had 12 teams last year and sent 6 and 2 were ineligible. In 2014 there will be 14 teams so it is not out of the question. Plus if there is any possibility of expanding to 16 teams, the likelihood increases.

well six is not that hard to imagine but more bowl option doesn't mean they will get picked. Just because you are bowl eligible doesn't mean you get picked for a bowl.

well six is not that hard to imagine but more bowl option doesn't mean they will get picked. Just because you are bowl eligible doesn't mean you get picked for a bowl.

I am quite aware of how the bowl selection process works. My point is that if you take teams from other conferences and add them to yours, you will have more bowl eligible teams, in theory, than other conferences. Take the Big East for example. They no longer have as many bowl tie-ins as other conferences because the number of teams they have is significantly smaller. So those bowl tie-ins go to other conferences.

Big 12 had 8 on a couple of occasions.

There's what, 38 bowls? 39? Now theyre talkin about addin 6 more for the smaller conferences? At some point in time in the near future, their will be multiple teams with legit. losing records competing in bowls. The prestine of a bowl season has been completely washed down the toilet.

There's what, 38 bowls? 39? Now theyre talkin about addin 6 more for the smaller conferences? At some point in time in the near future, their will be multiple teams with legit. losing records competing in bowls. The prestine of a bowl season has been completely washed down the toilet.

12 game schedules plus a guarantee against an FCS team, and 6-6 is still good enough for postseason play.

I am quite aware of how the bowl selection process works. My point is that if you take teams from other conferences and add them to yours, you will have more bowl eligible teams, in theory, than other conferences. Take the Big East for example. They no longer have as many bowl tie-ins as other conferences because the number of teams they have is significantly smaller. So those bowl tie-ins go to other conferences.

Rutgers is the only new addition that's gonna do anything. It also depends on what kind of teams we are taking. If we continue to get bottom of the barrel football teams it won't matter how many we got.

Well the Big 12 is more deserving of getting those 8 teams in then the Big Ten is.

Well the Big 12 is more deserving of getting those 8 teams in then the Big Ten is.

How do you measure which league is more "deserving" of getting its worst non-losing record teams into a bowl game?

Rutgers is the only new addition that's gonna do anything. It also depends on what kind of teams we are taking. If we continue to get bottom of the barrel football teams it won't matter how many we got.

Ok. So there is your 9th bowl eligible team.

How do you measure which league is more "deserving" of getting its worst non-losing record teams into a bowl game?

I know the Big Ten plays the SEC more in bowl games but we simply can't hang with them. The Big 12 and Pac 12 have showed they have a chance against the SEC. I would give a bowl berth to the SEC, Big12, Pac12 and then the Big Ten.

Ok. So there is your 9th bowl eligible team.

That is assuming Rutgers has a winning season in the first place which is iffy, since they seem to go up and down.

I know the Big Ten plays the SEC more in bowl games but we simply can't hang with them. The Big 12 and Pac 12 have showed they have a chance against the SEC. I would give a bowl berth to the SEC, Big12, Pac12 and then the Big Ten.

From what I gather, the Big 12 has not won a bowl game against the SEC since the 2007-08 bowl season. The league has gone 0-8 since then. The B1G played the SEC very well in the bowl games this past bowl season.

Now it's obvious you spew sh#t out without even thinkin it through. The Big 10 was just a few points away from a winning record against the SEC last year.

From what I gather, the Big 12 has not won a bowl game against the SEC since the 2007-08 bowl season. The league has gone 0-8 since then. The B1G played the SEC very well in the bowl games this past bowl season.

Ok and yes I agree we played the SEC very well and hope it continues and we start to win them.