What to do, to beat the Blue...?

Greased

Look.. if you want to prove something statistical or otherwise, that's fair when using strength of schedule. But in 1997, Michigan played a strong schedule to get where they got-- Nebraska's may have been strong too, but the thin disparity proves little by statistical comparison.

Conversely, when looking at the schedules this year, there is a WIDE discrepency as to the level of competition each team faced and therefore has more validation of statistical comparison-- but nothing more.

Basically what we got here is a bowl game that will be played in 2005, I repeat 2005. 1997? What, I don't remember this thread being called... reminiscing about the days when we were actually a good football program. So anyways, if you're going to say that we wouldn't want to face your schedule in '97 than you must be saying that you're going to lose. Because, you have admitted that you would not want to face our schedule and thus have stated that the Huskers cannot compete with Michigan. I state this in light of the fact that eventhough Michigan played a schedule ten times the strength of the Huskers we are still 7-4.

Thus fulfilling my prophetic Xbox's truths. You can find what I am talking about in MU and NU post.. which by the way it's UM.

It's Univeristy of Michigan not Michigan University??

What to do to beat the Blue?

First, I'll be honest. This simply isn't a good match up for NU this year. I have no reserve stating the obvious and that is Michigan has played tougher teams and generally better than NU has been all year.

Also it doesn't help our chances by what I've seen from NU and its running game this year. Without at least an effective running game to keep their D honest we will get blown out 35-10 UM.

However if NU can keep them honest and we play as good as we did versus CU (offensively) then we will be in the game and could pull it off with a 21-24 NU win.

It also doesn't help in not knowing what teams will show up. Michigan's team has been hot and cold all year and the same can be said for our Defense. One game we are seeing vast improvement and next thing KU is giving us a tanning for the ages.

IMO, at their best and our best they still win but we have a shot......we are simply to young yet and still on our way back. If we get them on one of their cold days and at our best we win (and I stress we've not yet seen our best or anywhere near it imo). Key to winning this game is making sure we hold our end up and play our best and the rest will be settled on the field.

Like any game it should be settled on the field and if we play smart, physical, and turnover free ball......we could very well win this game.

My prediction if I was unbiased: UM 31 NU 21

My heart: NU 24 UM 17

Either way I looking forward to the game and best of luck to the Blue.

Weasel

I'm really turning cold to the silly trash talk between a few MU fans and NU fans. I say stop the derogotory remarks and stick with data and reasonable opinions. If you keep up the garbage, then some of us will get disgusted and chose other venues to post and read! Disagreeing by arguing a point is different. Bashing the opponent is not supporting either program.

This isn't war; this is a sport- get it?

The best fans at any game are those who are older and respect the past and the fact that the athletes on the field are kids. Let's not act like immature drunken college students!