HUSKERS WIN

Way to go Husker volleyball!!!

Mega cheers from a native nebraskan transplanted in iowa.

even as i'll be in carver hawkeye saturday (prearranged trip long ago with a couple of buddies i'm witnessing too that husker nation is much better) i plan to represent husker nation with the pride!!!

:cheers:cheers:cheers

Good luck to what sounds like an incredible group of young ladies!!! You make it very easy to say GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!

Now lets spike and block the tar out of puppies from seattle and bring the hardware back to its rightful place at the Coliseum.

Run ends for Muratore, Broncos

BC alum, Santa Clara swept out of NCAA's

While Nebraska players celebrate advancing to the NCAA finals with a win over Santa Clara, Buhach Colony graduate Annalissa Muratore, second from left, turns to console her Bronco teammates.

SUN-STAR STAFF REPORTS

Last Updated: December 16, 2005, 06:40:46 AM PST

SAN ANTONIO -- Top-seeded Nebraska and Washington advanced to the NCAA women's volleyball championship by sweeping semifinal matches Thursday night.

The Cornhuskers (33-1) defeated unseeded Santa Clara, blocking 12 kill attempts in a 30-24, 30-19, 30-21 victory at the Alamodome.

The third-seeded Huskies defeated Tennessee 30-25, 30-19, 30-21, led by Christal Morrison and Brie Hagerty. Morrison, the MVP of the College Station regional, had 18 kills and Hagerty had 16.

The title match is Saturday night.

Buhach Colony alum Annalissa Muratore plays for Santa Clara.

Washington (31-1) has swept each of their five opponents in the tournament and 27 of 31 this season.

The Huskies led the nation in hitting percentage, and they won Game 2 with a match-high .405 percentage.

"It felt like we were in control the whole time," Washington setter Courtney Thompson said. "You try not to get that feeling too early because you never know. It's such a game of momentum."

The 15th-seeded Lady Vols (25-9), playing in the volleyball final four for the first time, were led by Kristen Andre's 21 kills.

But no other Tennessee player was in double figures as the Lady Vols finished with a .243 hitting percentage compared to Washington's .338 clip.

Santa Clara (27-5) had defeated defending champion, fifth-seed Stanford and No. 4 Arizona on the way to the final four, but Nebraska was too much for the Broncos.

Preps Boys Basketball Holiday Invitational Atwater 77, Hanford West 75

FRESNO -- The Atwater High basketball team got its first win of the season Thursday, but the Falcons got so excited, they nearly gave it away.

Atwater (1-7) got two clutch free throws in overtime from Joel Correa to secure a 77-75 win over Hanford West (3-6) in the consolation bracket of the Holiday Invitational Tournament at Hoover High in Fresno.

But the Falcons could have avoided overtime had they held their 12-point lead over the Huskies with less than four minutes to go. But Hanford West rallied down the stretch to tie the game at the buzzer.

The Huskies even went up by two in overtime before a big three-pointer by Orrin Lenz gave Atwater a one-point cushion. A Hanford West turnover resulted in a Dirk Nelson layup, and the Correa free throws sealed the win.

Atwater faces McClane (Fresno) at the Hoover High West Gymnasium at 6 p.m.

Golden Valley 71, Lemoore 68

FRESNO -- The Cougars (7-3) topped the Tigers (6-2) in HIT second-round action to set up a matchup against San Joaquin Memorial tonight at 8 p.m.

Against Lemoore, Reid Herchenbach led with 17 points, including two three-pointers. Kyle McMillin had 12 points and Carl Smith added 11.

Girls Basketball Le Grand Tournament Le Grand 58, Chowchilla 41

LE GRAND -- The Bulldogs came out blazing, scoring 25 points in the first quarter, and they never looked back en route to a win in the opening round of their own tournament.

"We came out and shot the ball extremely well," Le Grand coach Danny Crosby said. "I'm very happy with how we played tonight."

D.J's Dugout was rockin tonight. Over 150 people and nowhere to sit. GREAT atmosphere. You can bet next year's sellout streak at the collisum will continue

Is that the one in Bellevue Nameless? I remeber when I used to live there it used to be called the Score Card but changed hands in the 90's.

I don't think so. The DJ's dugout i went to was on a 114th and Dodge

D.J's Dugout was rockin tonight. Over 150 people and nowhere to sit. GREAT atmosphere. You can bet next year's sellout streak at the collisum will continue

Is that the one in Bellevue Nameless? I remeber when I used to live there it used to be called the Score Card but changed hands in the 90's.

I don't think so. The DJ's dugout i went to was on a 114th and Dodge

AH ok then they have more then one now. One that I was talking about is located on Cornhusker Highway in Bellevue.